arnis
Delivery Date: 23 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 015896

Re: Jaguar I-PACE BESUV available 2018

Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:36 am

Sat in one demo vehicle for 20 minutes. I was extremely unsatisfied with center screen GUI and processor
behind it. Lag lag lag. And bad font and bad text size.
Panel gaps and overall body build was excellent. Though there are parts that are excessively cheap.
Like sunvisors.
And again, missing panorama roof cover is a no-go for many nordic customers. Same story with Teslas.
In automobile world, missing glass roof cover is very rare.

So overall a good vehicle with insufficient attention to the detail. Not worth 80 000€.
Short range EVs <30kWh -- Medium range: 30-60kWh -- Long range: >60kWh
Charging: Trickle <3kW -- Normal 3-22kW -- Fast 50-100kW -- Supercharging >100kW

GRA

Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:08 pm

Via IEVS:
Jaguar I-Pace Range Just 234 Miles, MPGe Figures Disappoint
https://insideevs.com/jaguar-i-pace-range-just-234-miles/

. . . The numbers are not officially official just yet, but Jaguar has provided EPA-estimated figures now.

According to the automaker, the 90-kWh battery in the Jaguar I-Pace offers up just 234 miles of electric range. That’s less than the base Tesla Model X. Lower than the Hyundai Kona Electric and even below the range rating of the Chevy Bolt. All three of those vehicles have smaller capacity battery packs.

Why the low result from such a big battery? It all boils down to efficiency and that’s where the I-Pace falters.

The MPGe numbers for the I-Pace are as follows:

80 MPGe City
    72 MPGe Highway
    76 MPGe Combined

Those figures are downright awful for a modern-day electric car. Compared to the Tesla Model X 75D with a 75-kWh battery pack, which gets 91 MPGe city, 95 MPGe highway and 93 MPGe combined, the I-Pace clearly suffers inefficiency issues. But hey, we laid this all out back in August, so truly we aren’t surprised. . . .
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

GRA

Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:45 pm

Via IEVS:
Jaguar I-PACE Named Germany’s Car of the Year
https://insideevs.com/jaguar-i-pace-germany-car-of-year/

Jaguar I-PACE won the 2019 German Car of the Year Award against 58 competitors!

We are a little surprised as one would expect that the Audi e-tron would be the favorite in Germany, which only increases the value of the victory for Jaguar.

Additionally, I-PACE was shortlisted for Women’s World Car of the Year Award (the winner will be announced on 12 November. . . .)
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

palmermd
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:23 am

palmermd wrote:real world range tests are not showing promising results. I'd be curious to see if there is something wrong with the cars that were used. 65% of the rated distance is not good, in fact it is downright bad. My guess is that there is something wrong with the test vehicle or the the way it was performed. It is something to watch for.

http://autobest.org/first-european-inde ... s-release/

https://youtu.be/6o-ohbm2ya8

Range and efficiency still not good for this car. But as Nikki notes, I doubt the buyers care much.
Michael

Leaf since 31 March 2011
Driving electric since 1996

First Bar Loss
Second Bar Loss
Third Bar Loss
Fourth Bar Loss

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”