x10guy
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:04 am
Delivery Date: 11 Oct 2012
Leaf Number: 025570

Re: Official Ford C-MAX Energi PHEV thread

Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:08 pm

kubel wrote:With the current lease cash being offered on the 2015 combined with A-Plan pricing (over $12,600 in savings all told), I'm considering getting a C-MAX Energi. I'm talking pricing with a dealership now and will probably go for a test drive tomorrow or Friday to see how it drives. I just wish Nissan would bring the 2016 LEAF here soon to change my mind.



I was in the exact same boat as you. I have an expiring 3 year lease on my Leaf. I've been waiting for the 2016 Leaf to be released but couldn't wait any longer. I considered extending my lease for a month or two but didn't like the idea of paying for a full year of registration for only 1 month of driving. Also no one knows what lease pricing will be on the 2016. It's too bad Nissan has been dragging their feet so much. I really liked the leaf.

Stumbled upon the Ford lease incentives for the C-Max Energi and I just signed a 3 year lease on one with the 303A package. Haven't really driven it much yet so it's hard to compare. Almost two different types of vehicles.

GRA
Posts: 7458
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: East side of San Francisco Bay

Re: Official Ford C-MAX Energi PHEV thread

Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:06 pm

Via ievs:
Ford Offers 3 Years Free Charging For C-Max Energi Buyers In California & Maryland
http://insideevs.com/ford-offers-3-year ... -maryland/

. . . Ford offers 3 years instead of 2 years in the case of Nissan and only AC charging – up to 4 hour free sessions (DC is not available on C-MAX Energi).

The two charging providers participating in the project are NRG EVgo and SemaConnect. Those who purchase or lease a 2016 C-MAX Energi in California and Maryland between 1 October 2015 and 1 October 2016 will get one access card for both networks. . . .
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

GetOffYourGas
Posts: 1653
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:56 pm
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Official Ford C-MAX Energi PHEV thread

Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:14 am

It's curious that they offer this in Maryland. I wouldn't have thought that state a particular hotbed of plug-ins, but between this and the Spark EV (available in CA, OR, and MD), maybe I'm wrong?

I like the trend of OEMs providing "free" charging to new buyers. It encourages the product with very little financial cost. At the same time, it provides a revenue stream for the companies struggling to set up for-profit public charging. Until EVs reach critical mass, this could be the lifeline that keeps these infrastructure companies afloat.

It is weird, though, that Ford offers this on a PHEV and not their BEV. Public sharging seems far more critical to the latter case than the former.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

GRA
Posts: 7458
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: East side of San Francisco Bay

Re: Official Ford C-MAX Energi PHEV thread

Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:16 pm

Via IEVS:
Refreshed 2017 Ford C-Max Energi Gets $4,650 Lower Price, Now From $27,120
http://insideevs.com/nrefreshed-2017-fo ... rom-27120/

How much of the price drop (through de-contenting) is due to sagging sales, and how much to the introduction of the Prius Prime @ $27,100 base MSRP, I leave for others to speculate. Whatever the cause, it's terrific that there are now two sub-$30k PHEVs with at least 20 miles AER available in the U.S. How long will it be before we get the first $25k/20+ mile AER PHEV, or the first $20k/20+ mile AER one?
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

GetOffYourGas
Posts: 1653
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:56 pm
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Official Ford C-MAX Energi PHEV thread

Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:19 am

When I picked up my wife's CMax in summer of 2015, Ford offered us $5k off MSRP, plus the $4k tax credit, it came out cheaper than the new MSRP. This is just continuing the trend: 1) start with a high MSRP, and see how many takers will pay it, 2) when sales sag, offer cash rebates/etc, 3) as the model ages, lower the MSRP to reflect the price already given in (2). We saw this with the Focus EV, as well as the Volt. The CMax is just the latest to the party.

IMO, the CMax Energi is highly underrated. 20 miles of AER will work for a lot of people (certainly not all). And despite the compromised trunk, it is still one of the largest plug-ins available. Pushing the MSRP down below $30k is great, but I wonder if it will help sales. They have stalled out at about 600/month it seems. IMHO, Ford should be able to sell 1k-2k/month if they actually tried.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

kwong7
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:19 pm
Delivery Date: 29 Nov 2016

Re: Official Ford C-MAX Energi PHEV thread

Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:17 pm

I'm borrowing my friend's C-MAX Energi while he's across the country. The 20mi range goes fast when you're driving to a destination without a plug, but the overall driving range is amazing. My friend has 23K miles and probably on his 10th tank of gasoline. My only gripe is that I wish the turning radius was a little tighter and the A-pillars create an unnecessary blindspot.

DaveinOlyWA
Gold Member
Posts: 12244
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 10 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 314199
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Official Ford C-MAX Energi PHEV thread

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:29 am

GetOffYourGas wrote:When I picked up my wife's CMax in summer of 2015, Ford offered us $5k off MSRP, plus the $4k tax credit, it came out cheaper than the new MSRP. This is just continuing the trend: 1) start with a high MSRP, and see how many takers will pay it, 2) when sales sag, offer cash rebates/etc, 3) as the model ages, lower the MSRP to reflect the price already given in (2). We saw this with the Focus EV, as well as the Volt. The CMax is just the latest to the party.

IMO, the CMax Energi is highly underrated. 20 miles of AER will work for a lot of people (certainly not all). And despite the compromised trunk, it is still one of the largest plug-ins available. Pushing the MSRP down below $30k is great, but I wonder if it will help sales. They have stalled out at about 600/month it seems. IMHO, Ford should be able to sell 1k-2k/month if they actually tried.


between the Fusion and Cmax, they actually do sell that many
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 (build 10/2016)"low water marks" 26,100.2 miles.363GID Ahr 79.55Hx95.35%kwh28.1QCs227,L2's 237
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GetOffYourGas
Posts: 1653
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:56 pm
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Official Ford C-MAX Energi PHEV thread

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:20 pm

DaveinOlyWA wrote:
GetOffYourGas wrote:When I picked up my wife's CMax in summer of 2015, Ford offered us $5k off MSRP, plus the $4k tax credit, it came out cheaper than the new MSRP. This is just continuing the trend: 1) start with a high MSRP, and see how many takers will pay it, 2) when sales sag, offer cash rebates/etc, 3) as the model ages, lower the MSRP to reflect the price already given in (2). We saw this with the Focus EV, as well as the Volt. The CMax is just the latest to the party.

IMO, the CMax Energi is highly underrated. 20 miles of AER will work for a lot of people (certainly not all). And despite the compromised trunk, it is still one of the largest plug-ins available. Pushing the MSRP down below $30k is great, but I wonder if it will help sales. They have stalled out at about 600/month it seems. IMHO, Ford should be able to sell 1k-2k/month if they actually tried.


between the Fusion and Cmax, they actually do sell that many


I am aware of that. The Fusion sells much better than the CMax, maybe 2:1 or better. I'm not sure I understand why. I was specifically talking about the CMax Energi - Ford could sell 1k-2k CMax Energi's per month if they tried. In fact, they already sell that many Fusion Energi's alone!
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

DaveinOlyWA
Gold Member
Posts: 12244
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 10 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 314199
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Official Ford C-MAX Energi PHEV thread

Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:38 am

GetOffYourGas wrote:
DaveinOlyWA wrote:
GetOffYourGas wrote:When I picked up my wife's CMax in summer of 2015, Ford offered us $5k off MSRP, plus the $4k tax credit, it came out cheaper than the new MSRP. This is just continuing the trend: 1) start with a high MSRP, and see how many takers will pay it, 2) when sales sag, offer cash rebates/etc, 3) as the model ages, lower the MSRP to reflect the price already given in (2). We saw this with the Focus EV, as well as the Volt. The CMax is just the latest to the party.

IMO, the CMax Energi is highly underrated. 20 miles of AER will work for a lot of people (certainly not all). And despite the compromised trunk, it is still one of the largest plug-ins available. Pushing the MSRP down below $30k is great, but I wonder if it will help sales. They have stalled out at about 600/month it seems. IMHO, Ford should be able to sell 1k-2k/month if they actually tried.


between the Fusion and Cmax, they actually do sell that many


I am aware of that. The Fusion sells much better than the CMax, maybe 2:1 or better. I'm not sure I understand why. I was specifically talking about the CMax Energi - Ford could sell 1k-2k CMax Energi's per month if they tried. In fact, they already sell that many Fusion Energi's alone!


well having gone thru Cmax Energi training while working at Ford, I can say that the huge factor is storage on both Energi's. It is the same complaint over and over and I half expected a redesign long ago but... who knows? I half think Ford is a ok with the current sales pace.
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 (build 10/2016)"low water marks" 26,100.2 miles.363GID Ahr 79.55Hx95.35%kwh28.1QCs227,L2's 237
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GetOffYourGas
Posts: 1653
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:56 pm
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Official Ford C-MAX Energi PHEV thread

Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:16 pm

DaveinOlyWA wrote:
GetOffYourGas wrote:
DaveinOlyWA wrote:
between the Fusion and Cmax, they actually do sell that many


I am aware of that. The Fusion sells much better than the CMax, maybe 2:1 or better. I'm not sure I understand why. I was specifically talking about the CMax Energi - Ford could sell 1k-2k CMax Energi's per month if they tried. In fact, they already sell that many Fusion Energi's alone!


well having gone thru Cmax Energi training while working at Ford, I can say that the huge factor is storage on both Energi's. It is the same complaint over and over and I half expected a redesign long ago but... who knows? I half think Ford is a ok with the current sales pace.


The CMax has twice the storage of the Fusion. I'm surprised that the Fusion does so well, to be honest. The CMax's trunk is small for a car that size, but it is large for a PHEV. That's why I bought one. One look at the Fusion's trunk was enough to remove it from my list - it's smaller than the Volt (which is already too small).
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”