2017 Last year for Gas Smart Car. New 453 ED out in April

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webeleafowners

Mercedes has announced the end of sales for the gas smart car as of April. They will concentrate on the 453 ED coupe and cabriolet Smart due out in April. The gasser will be available for awhile in europe yet...rumours give it two years there before all production switched to the electric.

jhm614 said:
If they could get the 125 - 150 mile range, I would be in!

Yah, I don't think they have plans for that. From what I hear the new one is around 135 KM range. Having said that we can easily do 120 KM of mixed driving (75/25 city highway) and 140 to 150 KM is not really a stretch in the city urban thing. . So I would think the new one would be closer to about 140 mixed and 160 city urban. We love our cabrio and it is still the funnest car we have ever owned. We are just sort of two years now and it still hasn't been back to the shop. Needs a check up in June though, battery check etc. Great car. We tow it down south with us on a trailer and put a ton of miles on it around the palm springs area. Lots of free charging in shopping areas as well. Come 2020 we will look at trading it for a new one but really as long as this one is going strong, between our 2016 Leaf SV and the smartie, they cover all our driving needs...along with the motorhome of course. :)

32170196641_c3e9292f7d_z.jpg

20607873764_e0c2aa3ee3_h.jpg

Our "on the road" EVSE set up.

30899829046_fa9c7c1344_z.jpg

webeleafowners said:
Mercedes has announced the end of sales for the gas smart car as of April. They will concentrate on the 453 ED coupe and cabriolet Smart due out in April. The gasser will be available for awhile in europe yet...rumours give it two years there before all production switched to the electric.
Mods, shouldn't this topic be closed and merged with the official Smart ED thread? It's not as if that topic is overburdened with posts.

GRA said:
webeleafowners said:
Mods, shouldn't this topic be closed and merged with the official Smart ED thread? It's not as if that topic is overburdened with posts.
I disagree, this is the non leaf discussions area, there doesn't have to be only one thread for each model car. For one thing, I don't know who designates threads "official" (you seem to have a few, always assumed they were self designated), for another thing I haven't found any rules that indicate you can't post multiple threads about vehicles. Sure, if there was already a thread about the demise of the Smart ICE, it would make sense to post to that thread, but this is "new" info, to me at least, and if it were just in a generic "Smart ED" thread, many people would not see, or discuss it.

Back