webeleafowners
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015

Re: Hyundai Kona Electric

Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:48 pm

In light of the trade war with the USA and the American people declaring Canada a defence and security risk this car may be a good alternative to American made EV’s. With the model 3 and Nissan Leaf now being off the list for us the Kona could be a viable alternative to BMW and Mercedes offerings. We have a couple to three years to figure it out. It will also be interesting to see the BMW inext but I’m willing to bet the Kona will be 15 grand cheaper.
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:32 pm

English language compilation of Kona details as released in other markets.

You might want to skip the first 2.5 minutes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0YXIRR8530
no condition is permanent

WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:16 pm

webeleafowners wrote:In light of the trade war with the USA and the American people declaring Canada a defence and security...

No, that is Tonald Dump. Most of use are comfortable with Canada.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red

webeleafowners
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:45 pm

WetEV wrote:
webeleafowners wrote:In light of the trade war with the USA and the American people declaring Canada a defence and security...

That maybe the case but the American government represents the American people. The American government said that there was a special place in hell for the Canadian Prime minister. Those are clearly the words reserved for an enemy country. The American people seem fine with this type of talk. Clearly the majority of Americans support the USA considering Canada an enemy. These are serious actions and Canada needs to go forward very cautiously when dealing with an unpredictable and untrustworthy trade and defense partner with no moral compass.
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:14 pm

About 50% of the American public just winces and rolls their eyes when Trump speaks. He has the firm support of no more than 35% of the population.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:40 am

webeleafowners wrote:
WetEV wrote:

That maybe the case but the American government represents the American people. The American government said that there was a special place in hell for the Canadian Prime minister. Those are clearly the words reserved for an enemy country. The American people seem fine with this type of talk. Clearly the majority of Americans support the USA considering Canada an enemy. These are serious actions and Canada needs to go forward very cautiously when dealing with an unpredictable and untrustworthy trade and defense partner with no moral compass.

+1 on what Leftie and WetEV said.

The crazy remarks and policies coming from Dump and his lackeys is often in no way indicative of the views of a majority of Americans nor does it imply that we're ok with it. I found that crazy talk about Canada to be very troubling beside the trade wars he's stirring up. Dump's erratic and contradictory behavior (from words from his mouth, his Twitter tirades, etc.) is nothing new. It seems to have begun when he began campaigning. He often goes from whacko to actually kinda normal to Presidential but it can be all over the map in the span of a few days, if not a single day.

And, he often projects what he himself does onto his opponent: if he's dishonest, he'll claim it's the other guy's being dishonest. When Hillary said he was a bigot, Trump claimed Hillary was a bigot. :roll:

For those who have followed long enough, the pattern usually was: say or do something crazy/controversial, sometimes a total lie or something w/no evidence. It gets his critics riled up. It keeps the media busy reporting on it. Then, he'll do it again w/some different topic. The people and media "forget" about it and move on to the next crazy thing. The cycle repeats. It's not clear to me how much of this is strategic and intended to be a smokescreen to distract the media from some other bad stuff going on in the background.

It's also been known that Dump often cites crazy conspiracy "theories". "Theory" is too good of a word. It's more like made up fantasy.

It really frustrates us on the other side (I'm not normally political), that nothing is really done about his corruption and that his "base" overlooks all of the above and doesn't care/understand. Unfortunately, from what I can tell, some of his "base" believes the his supporters/those who support Dump's actions make up about 50% or a bit more of the American people. :roll: :(

In the time I've been able to understand the actions of a US President, never in my lifetime have I seen such craziness in the White House. Sure, there are US Presidents I didn't like, didn't agree with or I felt they did a bad job, but their behavior wasn't like this. My father follows politics, has been in the US longer than I've been alive and he says the same thing.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

GetOffYourGas
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:36 am

webeleafowners wrote:the American government represents the American people

Never in my lifetime has the government represented the will, nor the good of the people. Our elected officials are always a compromise on a elite and unrepresentative sample of the population. Yes, they represent some tiny percentage of the population. The rest of the population is normally voting on "the lesser of two evils". The whole system is awry and does not work the way the Founding Fathers had intended.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

alozzy
Delivery Date: 18 Jan 2017

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:56 am

Trump seems hell bent on ruining decades of good will between the US and Canada and it seems to be driven entirely by his own perceptions, rather than any facts.

Are there inequities in the NAFTA agreement? Of course there are, that's true of any bilateral or multilateral agreement - concessions are made in order to get an agreement - by all parties. There's nothing grossly unfair about NAFTA, everyone compromised to get a deal.

Unfortunately, NAFTA is dead and Canada is now the enemy as Trump and his ignorant supporters are convinced that we are screwing over the US. He seems to think Canada will just concede and he'll get a sweetheart trade deal as a result. That isn't going to happen and both economies are going to end up the worse for it.

I absolutely love visiting the Oregon Coast, Washington State, and California too but my family will not be visiting the US again until Donald Trump is either kicked out or impeached. Such a shame.
Vancouver, CA owner of a 2013 Ocean Blue SV + QC, purchased 01/2017 in WA
Zencar 12/20/24/30A L1/L2 portable EVSE
1-1/4" Curt #11396 hitch
After market, DIY LED DRLs
LeafSpy Pro + Konnwei KW902 ELM327 BT OBDII dongle
Loving my first BEV :D

goldbrick
Delivery Date: 01 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 311806

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:25 am

Here is an example of what many of the US population are thinking.

http://robertreich.org/post/174798426730

If you have some good suggestions on how we get out of this mess, please speak up.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:43 pm

There's nothing grossly unfair about NAFTA, everyone compromised to get a deal.

It disturbs me that the people defending NAFTA are using all of the arguments, and virtually word for word, that were used by industries set to benefit from it, and their pet politicians, before it was passed. Trump is able to use NAFTA to drum up support precisely because it was not a good deal. Canada, however, is far from the worst of the problem.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”