EVDRIVER

Re: Official Tesla Model S thread

Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:49 pm

Ed, you are active on the site and no one is stopping you from posting in relevant threads as you just did.

SageBrush
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017

Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:15 pm

A distorted echo of blogs and newspapers wrote about hearsay from the Aunt.
Only in a troll's world is that "facts."
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado
3/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

GRA

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:53 pm

Kind of a no-brainer, I'd think:
Tesla Model S named car of the decade
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1117829_tesla-model-s-named-car-of-the-decade

. . . Collector-car insurer Hagerty Insurance named the Tesla Model S the greatest car of the 2010s. . . .

The only question in my mind is whether the Model S or Prius will be considered the most significant car of the first quarter or half century.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:30 pm

This should be posted at the thread below:

Tesla's vehicle safety record

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25938

But that thread remains locked, due to a MNL administrator's abuse of his responsibilities.

Another USA TSLA driver death (likely to have been fatal in most all vehicles) was recently reported:

Woman dies when chunk of concrete falls on Tesla

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/w ... 1319802454

This driver death, which looks to be the 13th reported for Tesla S and X models in the USA, has not yet been added to the list below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lkQJjG ... TyCj8/view

So the reported TSLA driver USA death rate now is three to four times that of comparably expensive vehicles, and also of Nissan LEAFs/Chevy Volts, as reported on the previous IIHS databases.

If there is a significant underreport rate for USA driver TSLA fatalities, future IIHS results will of course, eventually look even worse for Teslas.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/driver-death-rates.

edatoakrun wrote:...

See my on-topic at:

Abusive behavior and threats by moderators on MNL.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=26111

EVDRIVER wrote:Ed, you are active on the site and no one is stopping you from posting in relevant threads as you just did.

When MNL recently closed a thread for the expressed purpose of suppressing vehicle safety information for current and potential BEV drivers, and MNL administration refused to reply to my warnings, I stopped making my regular posts on conversational topics.

I intend to continue to post on BEV safety issues.

As I said previously, If i were to lie by omission by not pointing out life-threatening events (in this case, driving a Tesla S or X) would place me in ~the same degenerate condition the cultists who deny the facts regarding TSLA's safety record, have already put themselves.

Off-topic:

I may also occasionally post on my reality-based observations on the capabilities of my eight-capacity-bar-2011 as long as I continue to drive it, as MNL's prevailing idiocy of relying on LBC readings is certainly the greatest factor impairing Nissan LEAF use, and I seem to be the only driver remaining from the early deliveries who has monitored my LEAF's actual battery condition and driving range from delivery, to date.

... ~115.2 miles on a single charge for the second leg of this trip pushes it right up to my personal comfort range for my eight-capacity-bar 2011.

Since this last trip illustrates why only fools take LBC reports of battery condition and available capacity seriously, I'll add some more details...

viewtopic.php?p=532996#p532996
no condition is permanent

jonathanfields4ever
Delivery Date: 15 Feb 2018

Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:44 am

edatoakrun wrote:This should be posted at the thread below:

Tesla's vehicle safety record

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25938

But that thread remains locked, due to a MNL administrator's abuse of his responsibilities.

Another USA TSLA driver death (likely to have been fatal in most all vehicles) was recently reported:

This driver death, which looks to be the 13th reported for Tesla S and X models in the USA, has not yet been added to the list below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lkQJjG ... TyCj8/view

So the reported TSLA driver USA death rate now is three to four times that of comparably expensive vehicles, and also of Nissan LEAFs/Chevy Volts, as reported on the previous IIHS databases.

If there is a significant underreport rate for USA driver TSLA fatalities, future IIHS results will of course, eventually look even worse for Teslas.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/driver-death-rates.

edatoakrun wrote:...

See my on-topic at:

Abusive behavior and threats by moderators on MNL.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=26111

EVDRIVER wrote:Ed, you are active on the site and no one is stopping you from posting in relevant threads as you just did.

When MNL recently closed a thread for the expressed purpose of suppressing vehicle safety information for current and potential BEV drivers, and MNL administration refused to reply to my warnings, I stopped making my regular posts on conversational topics.

I intend to continue to post on BEV safety issues.

As I said previously, If i were to lie by omission by not pointing out life-threatening events (in this case, driving a Tesla S or X) would place me in ~the same degenerate condition the cultists who deny the facts regarding TSLA's safety record, have already put themselves.

Off-topic:

I may also occasionally post on my reality-based observations on the capabilities of my eight-capacity-bar-2011 as long as I continue to drive it, as MNL's prevailing idiocy of relying on LBC readings is certainly the greatest factor impairing Nissan LEAF use, and I seem to be the only driver remaining from the early deliveries who has monitored my LEAF's actual battery condition and driving range from delivery, to date.

... ~115.2 miles on a single charge for the second leg of this trip pushes it right up to my personal comfort range for my eight-capacity-bar 2011.

Since this last trip illustrates why only fools take LBC reports of battery condition and available capacity seriously, I'll add some more details...

viewtopic.php?p=532996#p532996

If it was a small chunk of concrete, that would have been a story, but it was huge. That would have killed the driver of any car, I’m sure.

EVDRIVER

Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:12 am

Reason does not apply to everyone unfortunately.

GRA

Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:31 pm

jonathanfields4ever wrote:If it was a small chunk of concrete, that would have been a story, but it was huge. That would have killed the driver of any car, I’m sure.

Yes, Ed's anti-Tesla posts have crossed over into ridiculous hysteria. I suppose anyone who drove an actual tank might have survived having anything that big and heavy fall directly on their vehicle and them, but since cars aren't made out of steel (and/or ceramic) armor plate several inches thick, it's kind of a moot point. A similar attempt to credit Tesla's design and/or construction for the death of a driver who went off the road and bounced/rolled/plunged down a 500-foot seaside cliff is equally ludicrous.

There are many legitimate safety questions that can be raised re some of Tesla's decisions, especially regarding A/P and controls, but attributing this particular death to Tesla is laughable. At this rate, if an earthquake were to cause the Golden Gate Bridge to collapse, a Tesla happened to be the only car on it and the car and driver fell the 220 feet into the Bay and either died from the impact or drowned, Ed would blame Tesla for that too.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

jonathanfields4ever
Delivery Date: 15 Feb 2018

Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:15 pm

GRA wrote:
jonathanfields4ever wrote:If it was a small chunk of concrete, that would have been a story, but it was huge. That would have killed the driver of any car, I’m sure.

Yes, Ed's anti-Tesla posts have crossed over into ridiculous hysteria. I suppose anyone who drove an actual tank might have survived having anything that big and heavy fall directly on their vehicle and them, but since cars aren't made out of steel (and/or ceramic) armor plate several inches thick, it's kind of a moot point. A similar attempt to credit Tesla's design and/or construction for the death of a driver who went off the road and bounced/rolled/plunged down a 500-foot seaside cliff is equally ludicrous.

There are many legitimate safety questions that can be raised re some of Tesla's decisions, especially regarding A/P and controls, but attributing this particular death to Tesla is laughable. At this rate, if an earthquake were to cause the Golden Gate Bridge to collapse, a Tesla happened to be the only car on it and the car and driver fell the 220 feet into the Bay and either died from the impact or drowned, Ed would blame Tesla for that too.

Maybe a Tesla on summon ran over his dog? I actually find his posts quite entertaining, but they Poe me hard. Is it fanboy satire or true famboyism? Impossible to know.

Stoaty
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 3871

Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:27 am

edatoakrun wrote:Another USA TSLA driver death (likely to have been fatal in most all vehicles) was recently reported:

Tesla driver killed by careless ICE driver

There, fixed the headline.
2011 Leaf with 62,000 miles given to Nephew
2013 Tesla Model S85 with 251 miles rated range at full charge
Leaf Spy Manual
Battery Aging Model Spreadsheet

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:16 am

Putting this under the S thread since the person was pushed out 2014, before the X shipped.

A former Tesla engineer says the company silenced her entire team after they brought up safety and quality issues
https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-s ... eer-2018-7

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”