lorenfb
Posts: 1126
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:53 pm
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635
Location: SoCal

Re: Official Tesla Model S thread

Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:41 am

TonyWilliams wrote:
lorenfb wrote:GM delivers more Bolts than Tesla Model S in 1/2017?

http://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/


How many did each company ship overseas?

GM - 0

Tesla - ???


Yes. We'll find out in a few weeks when the 2016 annual report comes out.

User avatar
jlv
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:08 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Official Tesla Model S thread

Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:30 pm

Tesla delivered more pure EVs in 1/2017 (S+X). Maybe more interesting to note:

"GM delivers more Bolts than Nissan LEAF in 1/2017"
Last edited by jlv on Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17)Tesla S 75D (3/17)
Model 3 reservation
(Probably no LEAF2 for me)

Valdemar
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:32 pm
Delivery Date: 09 Sep 2011
Location: Oak Park, CA

Re: Official Tesla Model S thread

Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:47 pm

Alarming to who?
'11 SL, totaled
-1CB@33k/21mo, -2CB@53k/33mo, -3CB@68k/41mo, -4CB(41.5AHr)@79k/49mo, -5CB(38.85AHr)@87.5k/54mo
-0CB(66.14AHr)@87.5k/54mo (BBB)
60.5AHr, SOH 94%, 105k miles
9kW Solar

User avatar
jlv
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:08 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Official Tesla Model S thread

Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:39 pm

Yeah, not really alarming... or even surprising.
'13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17)Tesla S 75D (3/17)
Model 3 reservation
(Probably no LEAF2 for me)

WetEV
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 8:25 am
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014
Location: Near Seattle, WA

Re: Official Tesla Model S thread

Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:31 pm

Nit:

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/110 ... dian-buyer

I've heard a total of three Bolts to Canada in January 2017
WetEV
#49
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red

reeler
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: Official Tesla Model S thread

Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:30 am

The Bolt sales are production constrained now. Should Tesla announce delay with the Model 3, I think we will see demand for the Bolt explode. I would expect sales of the LEAF to implode soon with the Bolt and even worse should the Model 3 be on time.

Many don't pay enough taxes to take advantage of the $7500 so I don't think that will be as big a factor on the Model 3. That said as an owner taking delivery in California who ordered on the first day, I expect to get my Model 3 with the tax rebate.
2016 Blue LEAF SV | 2017 Gray Bolt LT | 2016 Black Tesla S75D
10 Ways to Save on Tesla Model S or Model X: http://tesladiscountcoupon.com

lorenfb
Posts: 1126
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:53 pm
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635
Location: SoCal

Re: Official Tesla Model S thread

Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:41 pm

reeler wrote:Many don't pay enough taxes to take advantage of the $7500 so I don't think that will be as big a factor on the Model 3. That said as an owner taking delivery in California who ordered on the first day, I expect to get my Model 3 with the tax rebate.


O.K., if you say so. And by the way, what year is that expectation?

reeler
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: Official Tesla Model S thread

Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:14 am

lorenfb wrote:O.K., if you say so. And by the way, what year is that expectation?


I predict that they will do a token shipment in 2017 to some employees and non-employees will start getting cars in the first quarter 2018. In any event, those a the front of the line I think will get the full rebate. If not, I may just stick with my current rides.
2016 Blue LEAF SV | 2017 Gray Bolt LT | 2016 Black Tesla S75D
10 Ways to Save on Tesla Model S or Model X: http://tesladiscountcoupon.com

webeleafowners
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: Official Tesla Model S thread

Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:19 am

reeler wrote:The Bolt sales are production constrained now. Should Tesla announce delay with the Model 3, I think we will see demand for the Bolt explode. I would expect sales of the LEAF to implode soon with the Bolt and even worse should the Model 3 be on time.

Many don't pay enough taxes to take advantage of the $7500 so I don't think that will be as big a factor on the Model 3. That said as an owner taking delivery in California who ordered on the first day, I expect to get my Model 3 with the tax rebate.


Leaf sales imploding?. I don't know. We just bought a new leaf and had a choice. Waiting a couple of months wouldn't have made a difference to us. But there was nothing about the Bolt that would entice us to buy it instead of the leaf...especially if it costs an extra 10 grand. Paying more money for more range Is just a complete waste for us. I think the range thing is useful for some but is more of a penis size thing for others. If we drive our leaf for the next 7 years I am willing to bet that the extra range of a Bolt over a leaf would get used zero times. Now once we are retired maybe the longer range will be more useful. But now...meh...as long it has quick charge we are good to go even if we have to make a longer trip...which I doubt will happen. We take our motorhome then. I am sure there are others like us. Heck, we barely use the range of our smart car ED. The leaf range is just gravy.
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KW
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

DaveinOlyWA
Gold Member
Posts: 11666
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 10 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 314199
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Official Tesla Model S thread

Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:36 am

webeleafowners wrote:
reeler wrote:The Bolt sales are production constrained now. Should Tesla announce delay with the Model 3, I think we will see demand for the Bolt explode. I would expect sales of the LEAF to implode soon with the Bolt and even worse should the Model 3 be on time.

Many don't pay enough taxes to take advantage of the $7500 so I don't think that will be as big a factor on the Model 3. That said as an owner taking delivery in California who ordered on the first day, I expect to get my Model 3 with the tax rebate.


Leaf sales imploding?. I don't know. We just bought a new leaf and had a choice. Waiting a couple of months wouldn't have made a difference to us. But there was nothing about the Bolt that would entice us to buy it instead of the leaf...especially if it costs an extra 10 grand. Paying more money for more range Is just a complete waste for us. I think the range thing is useful for some but is more of a penis size thing for others. If we drive our leaf for the next 7 years I am willing to bet that the extra range of a Bolt over a leaf would get used zero times. Now once we are retired maybe the longer range will be more useful. But now...meh...as long it has quick charge we are good to go even if we have to make a longer trip...which I doubt will happen. We take our motorhome then. I am sure there are others like us. Heck, we barely use the range of our smart car ED. The leaf range is just gravy.


LEAF Sales are low but simply due to supply. There is simply not a lot of stock on the lots. A few articles I have read state that even under the best of circumstances, LEAF sales would not have been over 1,000 in Jan due to very low inventories.
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles. 2016 S30; 13001 miles. 363 GIDs, Ahr 82.34, Hx; 102ish% kwh 28.1 QCs 112
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”