GRA

Re: Official Tesla Model S thread

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:17 pm

Via IEVS:
Tesla Autopilot Update Increases Autosteer Speed, Adds Side Collision Warning
http://insideevs.com/tesla-autopilot-up ... n-warning/

(AP2) Up to 50 mph, from 45.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

JasonA
Delivery Date: 04 May 2013

Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:25 pm

DaveinOlyWA wrote:
webeleafowners wrote:
reeler wrote:The Bolt sales are production constrained now. Should Tesla announce delay with the Model 3, I think we will see demand for the Bolt explode. I would expect sales of the LEAF to implode soon with the Bolt and even worse should the Model 3 be on time.

Many don't pay enough taxes to take advantage of the $7500 so I don't think that will be as big a factor on the Model 3. That said as an owner taking delivery in California who ordered on the first day, I expect to get my Model 3 with the tax rebate.

Leaf sales imploding?. I don't know. We just bought a new leaf and had a choice. Waiting a couple of months wouldn't have made a difference to us. But there was nothing about the Bolt that would entice us to buy it instead of the leaf...especially if it costs an extra 10 grand. Paying more money for more range Is just a complete waste for us. I think the range thing is useful for some but is more of a penis size thing for others. If we drive our leaf for the next 7 years I am willing to bet that the extra range of a Bolt over a leaf would get used zero times. Now once we are retired maybe the longer range will be more useful. But now...meh...as long it has quick charge we are good to go even if we have to make a longer trip...which I doubt will happen. We take our motorhome then. I am sure there are others like us. Heck, we barely use the range of our smart car ED. The leaf range is just gravy.

LEAF Sales are low but simply due to supply. There is simply not a lot of stock on the lots. A few articles I have read state that even under the best of circumstances, LEAF sales would not have been over 1,000 in Jan due to very low inventories.
LOLOL.. the market's flooded with them! And I can't even sell mine for a decent price.

The Leaf market has gone to the crapper. There's a boat load of them on the market and no one wants the damn thing anymore.

Maybe that's one reason Leaf sales are low.
2012 10kw Dual LQ cooled Brusa powered Leaf "Astro"
13kw Enphase System,SolarWorld Panels, QuickMountPV- ALL USA!!
2014 Rav4 "SuperRav"with JdeMO (CHAdeMO)
2015 MS-70D

lorenfb
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635

Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:46 pm

GRA wrote:Via IEVS:
Tesla Autopilot Update Increases Autosteer Speed, Adds Side Collision Warning
http://insideevs.com/tesla-autopilot-up ... n-warning/

(AP2) Up to 50 mph, from 45.

Summary
Data from California public trials, contrary to public perception, indicates that Tesla is a laggard when it comes to autonomous vehicle testing.
Based on the data and lack of meaningful testing, Tesla has a long way to go before it can legitimately claim to have a Level 4 autonomous solution.
Current autonomous driving and Model 3 guidance are woefully out of date and investors deserve that management provide valid updated guidance

http://seekingalpha.com/article/4042910-california-autonomous-vehicle-data-shows-tesla-materially-misleading-customers-investors?source=email_rt_article_readmore&auth_param=1adagi:1c9h0sj:f8258f5e455e2f8917743014a24c8759&uprof=44&dr=1

The 2016 reports show (image below from Wired), in a very telling way, that Google (GOOG) (GOOGL) / Waymo are in a compelling technology leadership position when it comes to autonomous driving. With about 636 thousand miles of field test data, Waymo has done almost two orders of magnitude more testing than its nearest competitor (less than 10 thousand miles of testing by GM (NYSE:GM) and Cruise Automation).

drees

Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:18 pm

Lorenfb, Your post has little to do with Tesla except to bash it. Take it to the appropriate thread.
'11 LEAF SL Powered By 3.24 kW Enphase Solar PV

DaveinOlyWA
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 10 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 314199

Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:39 am

JasonA wrote:
DaveinOlyWA wrote:
webeleafowners wrote:
Leaf sales imploding?. I don't know. We just bought a new leaf and had a choice. Waiting a couple of months wouldn't have made a difference to us. But there was nothing about the Bolt that would entice us to buy it instead of the leaf...especially if it costs an extra 10 grand. Paying more money for more range Is just a complete waste for us. I think the range thing is useful for some but is more of a penis size thing for others. If we drive our leaf for the next 7 years I am willing to bet that the extra range of a Bolt over a leaf would get used zero times. Now once we are retired maybe the longer range will be more useful. But now...meh...as long it has quick charge we are good to go even if we have to make a longer trip...which I doubt will happen. We take our motorhome then. I am sure there are others like us. Heck, we barely use the range of our smart car ED. The leaf range is just gravy.

LEAF Sales are low but simply due to supply. There is simply not a lot of stock on the lots. A few articles I have read state that even under the best of circumstances, LEAF sales would not have been over 1,000 in Jan due to very low inventories.
LOLOL.. the market's flooded with them! And I can't even sell mine for a decent price.

The Leaf market has gone to the crapper. There's a boat load of them on the market and no one wants the damn thing anymore.

Maybe that's one reason Leaf sales are low.

you are talking the used LEAF market. yeah, bunch here but can't understand why anyone would elect to get a used one even for $8,000 over a new one with 30 kwh for $17,000.

but then again, there is a customer for nearly every car somewhere, right?
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles. 2016 S30; 18,297 miles. 363 GIDs, Ahr 82.34, Hx; 100.00% kwh 28.1 QCs 165, L2's 190
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dgpcolorado
Delivery Date: 15 Dec 2011

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:05 am

DaveinOlyWA wrote:you are talking the used LEAF market. yeah, bunch here but can't understand why anyone would elect to get a used one even for $8,000 over a new one with 30 kwh for $17,000.

$9000 is a significant difference, especially if all you want the LEAF for is local commuting. I sold my 2012 LEAF for $7500, with only 33,000 miles on it, in immaculate condition, and was fortunate to get that much. I think used LEAFs are a bargain. They would make excellent cars for new drivers: they could get to school and back but couldn't get too far from home!

[And not everyone qualifies for the federal tax credit; I don't, for example — income much too low.]
Blue 2012 SV Dec 2011 to Feb 2016
CPO 2014 Tesla S60 Mar 2016
One car, no ICE, at last!
Tesla Referral Code

DaveinOlyWA
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 10 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 314199

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:29 am

dgpcolorado wrote:
DaveinOlyWA wrote:you are talking the used LEAF market. yeah, bunch here but can't understand why anyone would elect to get a used one even for $8,000 over a new one with 30 kwh for $17,000.

$9000 is a significant difference, especially if all you want the LEAF for is local commuting. I sold my 2012 LEAF for $7500, with only 33,000 miles on it, in immaculate condition, and was fortunate to get that much. I think used LEAFs are a bargain. They would make excellent cars for new drivers: they could get to school and back but couldn't get too far from home!

[And not everyone qualifies for the federal tax credit; I don't, for example — income much too low.]

this is why I say that there is a buyer for any car. If you transpo needs are modest, a used LEAF is a great option especially if you are retired on a fixed income. Electricity rates are much more stable than gas prices and sure gas is low now but I wouldn't bet money on them staying that way.

As far as income; I don't qualify for the tax credit either which is why a "lease to purchase" is my only option but again, the prices are still crazy.

on my current lease, I could have bought it for a very good price but why bother? I am paying less than $30 interest on my lease "loan" so why not bet on that residual dropping even further. This does not include the $145.95 refund I got from the dealer for "overpayment" of my ZERO drive off lease.

2016 payoff.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles. 2016 S30; 18,297 miles. 363 GIDs, Ahr 82.34, Hx; 100.00% kwh 28.1 QCs 165, L2's 190
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GRA

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:42 pm

Car & Driver Long-Term Test end for their P85D: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-tesla-model-s-p85d-ev-long-term-test-wrap-up Two months without a post in the Model S thread? Oh, how the cool have become yesterday's news :lol:
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

GRA

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Via IEVS:
Tesla Slashes Price Of Model S 75 By $5,000 To Just $69,500 (Update)
http://insideevs.com/tesla-slashes-pric ... ust-69500/

. . . A Tesla spokesperson sent InsideEVs’ the following statement on the changes:

“Periodically we have adjusted pricing and available options to best reflect the value of our products and our customers’ preferences. Today’s updates include slight price decreases to our 75, 75D and 90D models to account for the discontinuation of our 60 kWh models, and next week will be implementing slight price increases to our higher end 100D and P100D models. We expect our total average selling price to remain almost exactly the same.

Price increases for our 100D and P100D models will take effect on April 24, 2017 to best accommodate customers already in the order process, while price decreases for 75, 75D and 90D models will take effect today.”
In addition to the price drop overnight, Tesla shook up the equipment list quite a bit. The all-glass roof is now standard, as is the rear powered liftgate. Deletions include the previously-optional smart air suspension and optional 72-amp charger. These options are now reserved for higher-line Teslas. Okay, so they’re not exactly deletions, as neither was standard equipment. But if you demand either of these two options on your Model S, then the 75 version isn’t for you.

Additionally, battery upgrades to 75 kWh (unlockable via OTA software update) for the 60-kWh Model S and 70-kWh Model S are priced from only $2,000 and $500, respectively.

New U.S. Tesla pricing:

Model S

75: $69,500
75D: $74,500
90D: $87,500
100D: $97,500 (beginning 4/24)
P100DL: $140,000 (beginning 4/24)

Model X

75D: $82,500
90D: $93,500
100D: $99,500 (beginning 4/24)
P100DL: $145,000 (beginning 4/24). . . .

GRA

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Via IEVS:
Tesla Recalls 53,000 Model S & X For Faulty Parking Brake
http://insideevs.com/tesla-recalls-5400 ... ing-brake/

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”