Interesting news on i3s

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jedlacks

This car has been on sale for a few years, and they just realized this?

https://insideevs.com/bmw-to-issue-stop-sale-and-voluntary-recall-for-all-us-i3s/

An increased risk of neck injury if a seat belt is not used.
Who wudda thunk !?

If the i3 did not have poor reliability, I would be looking for a bargain.

I'm kind of blown away that there are actually still NHSTA requirements that could force an automaker to recall and/or order a stop sale based upon injuries to unbelted drivers/passengers, esp. if what Tom (author of the article) says is true about seat belt laws in the US.

It might've made some sense decades ago, before widespread mandating of wearing seat belts but not now, IMHO.

cwerdna said:
I'm kind of blown away that there are actually still NHSTA requirements that could force an automaker to recall and/or order a stop sale based upon injuries to unbelted drivers/passengers, esp. if what Tom (author of the article) says is true about seat belt laws in the US.

It might've made some sense decades ago, before widespread mandating of wearing seat belts but not now, IMHO.

Laws don't guarantee compliance, that's why a distinction is made between active and passive vehicle restraints, much to the dismay of Social Darwinists.

There was a comedian (forget which) that used to suggest we'd have far better drivers if we removed seat belts and replaced steering-wheel airbags with sharpened 6-inch metal spikes. :lol:

cwerdna said:
Agreed, but apparently New Hampshire still doesn't have mandatory seat belt laws. :eek:

Back