Official Volvo V60 PHEV topic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

Via IEVS:
New Volvo V60 To Get 2 PHEV Variants
https://insideevs.com/new-volvo-v60-to-get-2-phev-variants/

Volvo just introduced the beautiful, all-new V60 versatile family wagon that just so happens to have two plug-in hybrid powertrain options. The V60 is the fifth Volvo based on the SPA platform offered as a plug-in hybrid (after the XC90, S90, V90 and XC60).

The two plug-ins are top of the line, equipped with a 10.4 kWh battery that’s good for up to 45 km (28 miles) in all-electric mode. Powertrain is all-wheel drive, with 65 kW (87hp), 240 Nm rear electric motor and a 2.0-liter gas engine in the front. System output depends on the version, despite the engine being the same (it seems software limited, perhaps):

Volvo V60 T6 Twin Engine – 340 hp, 590 Nm
Volvo V60 T8 Twin Engine – 390 hp, 640 Nm

The T6 accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.8 seconds and surprisingly the T8 does too (though maybe this is a preliminary spec ). Sales are expected to begin later this year. In the UK, sales will begin in the third quarter, starting at a price of £31,810 (€35,954 or $44,275).
No indication of which cycle that AER is for, but allowing for the usual decrease in U.S. prices owing to lack of VAT, this looks like it could be a good offering, although the above price is presumably for the regular ICE version. I have a friend who's been buying Volvo wagons forever and who'd love to move into a PEV (he's got grid-tied PV on his house), but as he, like me, is often driving on lightly-traveled roads to trailheads with no power, BEVs simply aren't feasible for either of us yet. I can finally tell him the time is fast approaching where he can make the switch.

Keep in mind, though, that most if not all Volvo engines are now made in China. I know that the "T5" (which used to denote a 5 cylinder engine) four is Chinese. I'm not sure about the "T6" or "T8". I grew up with Volvos and have owned several. The cars you buy today with that name aren't really very similar. Not that Volvo ever had the best quality control, but I'd be very concerned about paying that kind of money for a turbocharged Chinese four...

Back