GCR: Appreciating the i-MiEV: oldest modern electric car still in production after 10 years

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

AKA the Rodney Dangerfield of BEVs (I test drove one once, and could have seen using it for commuting if I needed a car for that): https://www.greencarreports.com/new...ectric-car-still-in-production-after-10-years

While about the same size as the 500, it could actually seat four adults in reasonable comfort for the length of a commute, something that no one who wasn't off their meds would claim for the Fiat. Not that that matters for the typical single-person commute, and the 500e would go farther and was a lot more interesting to drive as well as being a lot better looking. The iMiEV was definitely not a car for anyone who depended on a car's status to boost their ego! :lol:

It’s a car that definitely fit some people’s lifestyle. If you read the comment section you find a lot of fond memories by the users.

It is still sold in other countries, just not in the U. S. ; Rodney Dangerfield of EVs lives on.

So are you saying that they do not sell the imiev in the US anymore?

I test drove one for 24 hours from my local Mitsubishi dealer a few years ago.. It was very nice, in a Spartan, practical kind of way. I would still buy one if I could get one for $15k new...

powersurge said:

I test drove one for 24 hours from my local Mitsubishi dealer a few years ago.. It was very nice, in a Spartan, practical kind of way. I would still buy one if I could get one for $15k new...
You can get *lightly* used i-MiEV for around $8000. They're an amazing bargain. Yeah, the car is quite spartan, but with rear-motor and rear-wheel-drive, it drives nicely. Driving almost exclusively in the city, I was able to get around 80-85 miles of range on a full charge (16kWh battery).

powersurge said:

Mitsubishi USA officially discontinued the iMiEV last August, but I think they had stopped importing them some time before that, possibly as MY 2016's or even 2015's.

Back