GRA

IEVS: 2019 Chevy Volt Finally Gets 7.2 kW Charger, -13 Degrees F Engine Activation

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:49 pm

https://insideevs.com/2019-chevy-volt-gets-7-2-kw-charger/

7.2 kW standard on the Premier, Opt. on the LT.

. . .The 2019 Volt also features new Low and Regen on Demand profiles that enable increased regenerative braking capability when drivers let off the accelerator pedal. The feature helps the vehicle achieve its class-leading EV range, and the updates come with an improved driving feel with smoother operation when slowing. As well as a rather lengthy bullet list of slighter changes:

GM’s continuing evolution of the pedestrian alert system, first deployed in 2011, now using front and rear speakers to provide audible alerts when operating at slow speeds.

A new digital rearview camera replaces the previous analog system.

New driver-switchable Adaptive Cruise Control allows the choice of conventional cruise control or adaptive cruise control.

New tire fill alert sounds a horn when full tire pressure is achieved.

New, decorative seating patterns are offered on cloth seats.

New Power Convenience Package available on LT adds a power driver seat in addition to all content offered on the Comfort Package.

Wireless charging pad for compatible phones is relocated ahead of the shifter for easier use (available with navigation radio).

New Pacific Blue Metallic exterior color is available.

New Jet Black/Porcelain Blue interior is offered on Premier.

Available dealer-installed blackout package includes sport pedals, black front/rear bowtie emblems and 17-inch machined-aluminum wheels with black-painted pockets. . . .
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Re: IEVS: 2019 Chevy Volt Finally Gets 7.2 kW Charger, -13 Degrees F Engine Activation

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:53 pm

Woohoo! I always felt GM was kinda tone deaf then they did their minimal bump by 0.3 kW on the gen 2 vs. gen 1.

Finally!

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

SageBrush
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017

Re: IEVS: 2019 Chevy Volt Finally Gets 7.2 kW Charger, -13 Degrees F Engine Activation

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:10 pm

I don't care enough to remember details but at least some of the upgrades require purchase of the high trim model.
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado
03/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
11/2018: 56.16 Ahr, 30k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”