IEVS: BMW Recalls Electric Car Chargers For Risk of Shock, Fire

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

https://insideevs.com/bmw-recalls-electric-car-chargers-fire/

The recall centers on the capacitors within the TurboCord Portable Chargers that may fail. . . .

According to the information revealed by the NHTSA, the most recent BMW recall is due to the possible failure of the capacitors within the TurboCord Portable Chargers which could result in a shock hazard or a fire. BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2018 BMW 330e iPerformance, i3 Rex, i3 Sport Rex, X5 xDrive40e, i3 BEV, i3 Sport BEV and MINI Cooper Countryman SE All4 PHEV vehicles, 2019 i8 and i8 Roadster vehicles and 2018-2019 530e iPerformance, 530e xDrive iPerformance and 740Le xDrive iPerformance vehicles.

In the following weeks, BMW will call and notify owners to bring their vehicles for inspections. Authorized dealers and their service staff will inspect the problematic charging cable, and, if necessary, replace it free of charge. The recall is expected to begin November 12, 2018. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417 or Mini customer service at 1-866-825-1525 for more information.

Back