Porsche Boxster E unveiled

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttweed

http://green.autoblog.com/2011/02/14/porsche-boxster-e-prototype-triplets-unleashed/

Not a lot of detail, but three prototypes are being tested in Stuttgart:
The prototype uses 240 electron-powered ponies from motors attached to front and rear axles to give it all-wheel-drive sure-footedness and the ability to go from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 5.3 seconds. It packs a 29-kWh battery pack, which should give a solid 100 miles of low-CO2 uber-mobility per charge. All of its electro-tech is said to be sourced from its Volkswagen parent....

No plans for a retail version have been mentioned, though it remains an eventual possibility considering CEO Matthias Müller's statement at the Porsche museum ceremony that electric mobility is the company's central challenge....

porsche-boxster-e-630.jpg

ttweed said:
Not a lot of detail

True. Seems like the PSM (Porsche Stability Management) and 4WD is being set up.... The battery weight distribution presents some interesting problems...

I don't think I will every buy another ICE car again.

This Porsche (ohne Grafik) may be my next car... ;)

Would make a very fun commuter car, but with a 29 kWh pack seems a bit small for what Porsche will want to charge for the car.

Of course, given that it's just a proof-of-concept vehicle, they may be keeping the pack small to keep weight down.

Back