GM sells just 281 Chevy Volts in February

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The GM "sold" numbers count a Volt as a "sale" when it is delivered (invoiced) to a dealer, even though it has not been "sold" to a customer, right?

If so, there could be "many" Volts still in dealer inventory, I suspect.

I guess it depends on what area of the country... At my local (fairly large) Chevy dealer, they are sold out of their Volts allotment until July.

Train said:
I'd say it's a combination of low demand and high price.

It is alrgely a problem of distribution. Since the allocation is by dealer, there are some in areas like NJ who have Volt's on the lot waiting for customers even at MSRP (See Tom's comments in plugincars.com) - while there are people waiting in some other areas.

GM hs manufactured more than 2,400 Volts. Most of them are either in inventory or with dealers.

So at best they have "delivered" 1000 Volts and have 1400 sitting but could be more if "delivered" also means dealer inventory. Sooooo unlike the Ev1, I don't think anyone will be getting arrested if GM showed up to take Volts back. In the EV race, I guess that's what happens when you make more of a "car than an Electric". :roll:

Both the Leaf and the Volt are sold out..Im have read a few stories on the internet that the Leaf is a lemon and that is why only a few hundred could be sold so far this year..LOL

Consumer Report mentioned they paid $5K over list for their Volt. I wonder if this ripoff has dampened demand for the car? As far as I know, no one has paid over list for the LEAF.

Back