Arcimoto Pulse

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindsayNB

I would be interested to hear comments from more experienced EV people about the Arcimoto Pulse EV http://www.arcimoto.com

It is a two-seats in a tandum configuration.

The base model is $17,500 and it has three battery options:
40 miles, base pack, lead-acid batteries
80 miles, commuter pack, lithium iron phosphate batteries
160 miles, touring pack, lithium iron phosphate batteries

Arcimoto is a local company, so I've seen their Pulse prototypes a few times. Technically it's a 2-seater, however that rear seat is pretty weird to sit in, as you straddle the front seat. At the Portland International Auto Show I spoke with their representative for a while and I think they'll be on their 5th prototype when it's unveiled here in April.

If I didn't just buy a LEAF and wanted something small for commuting, I would absolutely get one. Here in Oregon no motorcycle endorsement is required and no helmet is required! :)

If the makers of the Arcimoto, Alias, Aptera, Duo, R3, Triac 2.0, Wave II, etc. pooled their reservation money, maybe we could get one practical electric car!

My Leaf may be here by next summer.

I don't want it, but I can't buy a practical electric car. That would be a two seat, aerodynamic, FWD. Make it a three wheeler so I don't need Uncle Sam's incredibly expensive safety features. Ban SUV's, lower the speed limit to 55 mph, get off foreign oil, leave a planet for our grandchildren...fat, foolish, lazy Americans!

There. That felt good. :)

Warren

I always like to see these things but would not really buy one. The three wheel configuration is very poor handling as several large car manufacturers have tried but given up (VW, Lotus, etc). The closest thing actually selling in the market is the Can Am Spyder. If the Spyder was electric it would pretty much do the same thing in nice weather.

Arcimoto has unveiled their production prototype, actually several variations:
http://www.arcimoto.com/products

I was kind of fond of third gen version...

Back