Pipcecil
Posts: 810
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:15 pm
Location: Midlothian, TX

Re: EV, PHEV specs/dimensions compared

Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:23 am

Is it possible to add EPA mpg for the PHEVs? It would be nice to compare their standard gas MPG since looking at just their EV range is only have the picture.
DFW Public EV Station Locations
DFW Public Charging Access
Plug-In Vehicles Available in Texas
Total Locations: 254
Total EVSEs: 611
Level 1: 66 Level 2: 512 DC Fast: 33

User avatar
evnow
Moderator
Posts: 11438
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:41 am
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: EV, PHEV specs/dimensions compared

Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:56 pm

Pipcecil wrote:Is it possible to add EPA mpg for the PHEVs? It would be nice to compare their standard gas MPG since looking at just their EV range is only have the picture.

Will add the mpg.

I put a bigger picture now ...
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to ?

User avatar
evnow
Moderator
Posts: 11438
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:41 am
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: EV, PHEV specs/dimensions compared

Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:59 am

Added Model X & Mitsu PX-MiEV II
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to ?

scottf200
Posts: 1746
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:21 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2011
Location: In my Volt VIN 01234 <actual>
Contact: Website

Re: EV, PHEV specs/dimensions compared

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:53 pm

evnow wrote:Here is the table comparing dimensions and some other specs of all EVs/PHEVs in the US market (or that will be). I'll add more info as they are released.

Image

Last updated : 2/13/12


I drove the "Mitsubishi i" tonight at a EV club meeting. Decent pickup even with 4 men in the car. Basic displays but OK. Without the $7,500 I think it would be a very hard sell.

Sounds like they are using (middle?) 80% of the 16kWh. If you lose mileage at some point then you can bring it to the dealer and they can adjust above the 80%.

You can add/correct things (Price, # passengers, HP, etc.) from the "Mitsubishi i" from here: http://i.mitsubishicars.com/miev/features/compare
The Mitsubishi i is the most affordable electric vehicle in America. And with a federal tax incentive it's even more affordable.
ES TRIM
$29,125 MSRP
- $7500 federal tax credit
= $21,625 after tax credit
SE TRIM
$31,125 MSRP
- $7500 federal tax credit
= $23,625 after tax credit
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Excludes destination/handling, tax, title, license etc. MSRP is as of 9/1/11 and is subject to change. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your Mitsubishi retailer for details. Destination/handling charges for Mitsubishi i $850; Alaska/Hawaii $975. Tax savings subject to rules and availability. Taxpayer must incur federal tax liability to receive full benefit. Consult your tax professional. Actual prices set by retailer.
80% of the 16kWh
- Standard home 120V outlet: 22.5 hours 120V (8A)
- Optional home 240V EVSE charging dock: 7.0 hours 240V (15A) requires purchase and installation of Eaton EVSE 240V home charging station)
- Optional CHAdeMO Level 3 public quick-charging: 30 minutes to 80% charge
100K EV miles and 80% EV usage
Volt = 53+ mile BEV up to 100 MPH, then 40 MPG hybrid with a 9 gal gas tank
'17 Tesla Model X 100D 'used'| RIP '16 P90DL Sig | 2011 Volt kid2 | 2016 for wife | 2012 kid1

User avatar
evnow
Moderator
Posts: 11438
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:41 am
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: EV, PHEV specs/dimensions compared

Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:24 pm

My numbers include destination ...
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to ?

scottf200
Posts: 1746
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:21 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2011
Location: In my Volt VIN 01234 <actual>
Contact: Website

Re: EV, PHEV specs/dimensions compared

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:06 am

evnow wrote:My numbers include destination ...
OK. There are other things to correct for example 4 passengers vs 5.

Another row on that chart would be interesting showing the approximate usage of the batter.

Mit i would be 12.8 kWh (80%)
Volt would be 10.4 kWh (65%)
LEAF would be 21 kWh (87%)
etc.

Give everyone an idea of bookend SOC that could be expanded into or what the manuf considers to be a good usages
100K EV miles and 80% EV usage
Volt = 53+ mile BEV up to 100 MPH, then 40 MPG hybrid with a 9 gal gas tank
'17 Tesla Model X 100D 'used'| RIP '16 P90DL Sig | 2011 Volt kid2 | 2016 for wife | 2012 kid1

User avatar
evnow
Moderator
Posts: 11438
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:41 am
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: EV, PHEV specs/dimensions compared

Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:40 am

scottf200 wrote:There are other things to correct for example 4 passengers vs 5.

Another row on that chart would be interesting showing the approximate usage of the batter.

Mit i would be 12.8 kWh (80%)
Volt would be 10.4 kWh (65%)
LEAF would be 21 kWh (87%)
etc.

Give everyone an idea of bookend SOC that could be expanded into or what the manuf considers to be a good usages

I'll correct the 5 to 4. The problem with "useable" is that they are not published. I try to guess numbers that are not *yet* published, but will be by the time the car is for sale.
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to ?

GRA
Posts: 8374
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: East side of San Francisco Bay

Re: EV, PHEV specs/dimensions compared

Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:11 pm

evnow wrote:
scottf200 wrote:There are other things to correct for example 4 passengers vs 5.

Another row on that chart would be interesting showing the approximate usage of the batter.

Mit i would be 12.8 kWh (80%)
Volt would be 10.4 kWh (65%)
LEAF would be 21 kWh (87%)
etc.

Give everyone an idea of bookend SOC that could be expanded into or what the manuf considers to be a good usages

I'll correct the 5 to 4. The problem with "useable" is that they are not published. I try to guess numbers that are not *yet* published, but will be by the time the car is for sale.

C&D article in the March issue:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/201 ... est-review
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

Herm
Posts: 3765
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 3:08 pm
Delivery Date: 29 Aug 2012
Location: Timbuktu, Mali

Re: EV, PHEV specs/dimensions compared

Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:43 pm

I believe the Coda has been lowered to $37k now, for the 31kWh battery version, the EPA range ratings have been released also.

GRA
Posts: 8374
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: East side of San Francisco Bay

Re: EV, PHEV specs/dimensions compared

Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:18 pm

Herm wrote:I believe the Coda has been lowered to $37k now, for the 31kWh battery version, the EPA range ratings have been released also.

$37,250 + $895 Dest. Charge = $38,145. Only the 31 kWh battery is currently offered, and the EPA range is 88 miles.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”