Tesla IPO

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm skipping it, let's place bets, who says it will be $10 in less than a year, with continuing loss's, it will have a chance at a recovery if they release the Model S on time in 2012, after that, it all depends on how well the Model S is accepted. Frankly, I think this IPO is so the "angel" investers can "cash out" while they can.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Looks like a wonderful short. I don't have the stomach for it though, no telling how it will be manipulated.

Yes, all that is needed is a rumor of Toyota / Mercedez increasing stake ...

garygid said:
So, Sell Short at $17, and Buy at $10 and $17.50 ... ? :)

Short would be the right play, but be sure to get out before any time that Toyota might feel motivated to buy.

By the way, the entire subscription volume of this stock turned over on Day One. That means the vast bulk of initial subscribers sold on the first day.......

sjfotos said:
garygid said:
So, Sell Short at $17, and Buy at $10 and $17.50 ... ? :)

Short would be the right play, but be sure to get out before any time that Toyota might feel motivated to buy.

By the way, the entire subscription volume of this stock turned over on Day One. That means the vast bulk of initial subscribers sold on the first day.......

which does NOT show long term confidence, more people trying to make a few bucks on the IPO, which used to be possible years ago, but doesn't happen that often any more. I'm sure they are disappointed it only went to $22 or so. BTW, they "opened" at 19.00 (if you where lucky enough to get them)

"Tesla Firing on all Cylinders (Batteries)": http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/20100629/tesla-ipo-firing-on-all-batteries/?mod=ATD_rss

LTLFTcomposite said:
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2010/06/29/tesla-a-133-billion-pile-of-what.aspx

Nice article.

The daunting road to success
Tesla says that it needs to sell 20,000 Model S autos a year to make this thing work. But the Model S and Tesla -- a start-up that has yet to book a profitable quarter, and that has sold about a thousand cars ever -- are going up against companies with vast R&D resources and brands that are global household names. And they're doing it with a significant cost/price disadvantage, no experience in this kind of manufacturing, and with no disruptive new technology. In other words, there's no real first-mover advantage.

How do they win? For that matter, how do they survive? For investors, where's the upside?

I can't come up with a convincing answer to those questions. If you can, buy the stock.

rumors where the "angel" investors where getting anxious, with the Leaf comming out, and also Tesla needed to IPO by the end of this year for a deal with Toyota. I wish them luck, there going to need it.

mitch672 said:
rumors where the "angel" investors where getting anxious, with the Leaf comming out, and also Tesla needed to IPO by the end of this year for a deal with Toyota. I wish them luck, there going to need it.

Don't be surprised now that it's public to see some wild swing to the upside, probably driven by some further Toyota partnership announcement. Even though there's no value here short it at your peril. I know all too well how this game is played.

Done ?

teslaipo.png

Back