1. It has ugly lines.
2. Driver is seated too high.
3. The tires are too narrow, i.e. with this & #2 can't imagine good handling.
4. The interior is ugly, e.g. bamboo dashboard - please.
5. The function of the rear doors, i.e. access thru front doors.
6. It has ugly color combos, i.e. '50s two-tone look.
7. The instrument cluster, i.e. like a small tablet, appears to be an afterthought.
8. The placement of the charging port on the side requires backing into charging stalls.
1. It has different styling than the generic styling of most cars. "Ugly" is not a fact, just an opinion.
2. Driver height is fine and clearly legal. Dealing with opinion here.
3. Tyres are narrow because the i3 is focussed on efficiency. Opinion does not follow fact. The i3 has very good handling: Fact.
4. "Ugly" is not a fact, an opinion. You can choose a plastic dash.
5. Nothing wrong with the rear doors. They are different, yes.
6. "Ugly" is not a fact, an opinion.
7. The instrument cluster is like a tablet. Different, yes. We are seeing more of the same in newer cars now.
8. True. No big deal though. Place your EVSE inside the entry of your garage and you don't have to back in.
What we seem to deal here is that some people are scared of design and styling that are different to the norm. In a world where more and more cars are looking similar, it's actually good to see someone prepared to step out of the box and design something that looks significantly different.
I have yet to have anyone actually looking at the i3 call it "ugly" but you are welcome to have your opinion, that is what makes you different.