Tesla Model X

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeekEV

Tesla to reveal Model X electric SUV on February 9

CNET said:
Tesla CEO Elon Musk confirmed in an interview with GigaOM that the Model X will be shown at an event on February 9.
An alpha build of the car was apparently shown to investors last month. Autoblog reports that the Model X will be shown at Tesla's design studio in Southern California.
The Model X will be Tesla's third production model, after the Roadster and Model S. Based on the same platform as the Model S, it will have a larger, SUV-like body reportedly capable of seating seven adults.

Read more: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-57354059-48/tesla-to-reveal-model-x-electric-suv-on-february-9/

Yuck.. an SUV. I was hoping for a small sportscar that could seat at least 4. IE, something that would compete with the Leaf in range and price, but be faster and sportier.

Smart move with a common platform between S, X, van and convertible.

Hopefully we'll have a choice between X and S at the end of our current lease vehicle... Although my wife might want to wait for the drop top.

adric22 said:
Yuck.. an SUV. I was hoping for a small sportscar that could seat at least 4. IE, something that would compete with the Leaf in range and price, but be faster and sportier.

Yay SUV. I need to a people hauler.

GeekEV said:
Tesla to reveal Model X electric SUV on February 9
“Skateboard” chassis should allow a minivan size interior in a station wagon form factor. 100+ mile range, a 30amp+ onboard charger, and real utility. Very interested in the X.
CNET said:
Tesla CEO Elon Musk confirmed in an interview with GigaOM that the Model X will be shown at an event on February 9 at Tesla's design studio in Southern California.
Invite only?

adric22 said:
That is the "Bluestar" targetted for 2015/16.

You can see the unvieling online today - 8:00 PM PST.

http://www.teslamotors.com/modelx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

evnow said:
After my bedtime on the East Coast was not what I thought they meant by "today" :roll: . I guess I'll have to call it tomorrow!

nogajim said:
evnow said:
After my bedtime on the East Coast was not what I thought they meant by "today" :roll: . I guess I'll have to call it tomorrow!
I think they are holding it late so that people who are attending can fly in from east coast. Otherwise, it is a bit too late.

Ofcourse there are tons of things that happen in east coast that are inconvinient for us.

evnow said:
Ofcourse there are tons of things that happen in east coast that are inconvinient for us.

Yes, but you are used to getting your news 3 hours before it happens :)

I think this Model X must be related to the work they are doing with Toyota on the RAV4EV, they think if there is enough of a market for Toyota to mfr the RAV4EV again, then they should produce an SUV as well. Too bad its just a CARB play for Toyota, most likely. It would also be nice if they where actually PRODUCING the Model S, they seem distracted with "whats next" more so than producing their current model.
All in time, Elon.

adric22 said:

No YAY an SUV. This would be the ultimate head turner for mainstream America. Us Mericans love their SUVs. (I loved my Cherokee when I lived in New England) I'd love an SUV EV.

mitch672 said:
evnow said:

I think this Model X must be related to the work they are doing with Toyota on the RAV4EV, they think if there is enough of a market for Toyota to mfr the RAV4EV again, then they should produce an SUV as well. Too bad its just a CARB play for Toyota, most likely. It would also be nice if they where actually PRODUCING the Model S, they seem distracted with "whats next" more so than producing their current model.
All in time, Elon.

On the other hand, this starts the flow of Reservation dollars.... :roll:

Actually I wish them all the best. The Model S will hopefully be an A**-kicker in the luxury sedan class. We ourselves could use an SUV and might consider an EV for that role in a couple of years, but not at Model S prices. I'll be tuning in to see what they have to offer.

mitch672 said:
Actually, we make the news that you guys get after 3 hours ;-)

I think this Model X must be related to the work they are doing with Toyota on the RAV4EV, they think if there is enough of a market for Toyota to mfr the RAV4EV again, then they should produce an SUV as well.
IIRC, they had already planned Model X before the RAV4EV announcement - probably even before the Toyota tie-up.

adric22 said:
That would be the "Model R" - the next gen Roadster. It would be built on the compact EV platform Tesla plans to make in 2015 or so.

evnow said:
nogajim said:
evnow said:
After my bedtime on the East Coast was not what I thought they meant by "today" :roll: .
I think they are holding it late so that people who are attending can fly in from east coast.
Do they have a hosted cocktails before the unveiling? Maybe they're giving time for the beer-goggles to set in... ;)

For what it's worth, they've been calling it a crossover rather than a full SUV... we'll see.

I'm certainly looking forward to it — might be the one for me with all wheel drive, lots of cargo space, a couple hundred miles of range (hopefully), sporty looks/handling — and replace my Leaf and my RAV4. I'd definitely prefer a smaller platform though, more like my RAV4 but with the better range than what Toyota is going to deliver.

evnow said:
KeiJidosha said:
Invite only?
Probably - but unlike the hush-hush meeting with investors, this will be a press event.
Apparently (as discussed in the Tesla forum), Signature reservation holders were invited. But as someone has already pointed out, it will be webcast live. I wonder if they'll have enough capacity though.

Back