User avatar
evnow
Moderator
Posts: 11441
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:41 am
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Tesla Model X

Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:21 am

nogajim wrote:
evnow wrote:You can see the unvieling online today - 8:00 PM PST.

After my bedtime on the East Coast was not what I thought they meant by "today" :roll: . I guess I'll have to call it tomorrow!

I think they are holding it late so that people who are attending can fly in from east coast. Otherwise, it is a bit too late.

Ofcourse there are tons of things that happen in east coast that are inconvinient for us.
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to 5/25/2018
Model 3 : 5/10/2018 to ?

mitch672
Posts: 1956
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:10 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Tesla Model X

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:39 am

evnow wrote:Ofcourse there are tons of things that happen in east coast that are inconvinient for us.


Yes, but you are used to getting your news 3 hours before it happens :)

I think this Model X must be related to the work they are doing with Toyota on the RAV4EV, they think if there is enough of a market for Toyota to mfr the RAV4EV again, then they should produce an SUV as well. Too bad its just a CARB play for Toyota, most likely. It would also be nice if they where actually PRODUCING the Model S, they seem distracted with "whats next" more so than producing their current model.
All in time, Elon.
2012 Advanced Plug in Prius (sold)
I Support OpenEVSE: http://code.google.com/p/open-evse/
My Fuelly page: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/mitch672/prius-plugin
Tesla Model S 85KW Dolphin Grey VIN: 03245, delivered 1/17/2013

cdub
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:58 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: La Crescenta, CA

Re: Tesla Model X

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:40 am

adric22 wrote:Yuck.. an SUV. I was hoping for a small sportscar that could seat at least 4. IE, something that would compete with the Leaf in range and price, but be faster and sportier.


No YAY an SUV. This would be the ultimate head turner for mainstream America. Us Mericans love their SUVs. (I loved my Cherokee when I lived in New England) I'd love an SUV EV.
La Crescenta, CA
Nissan LEAF™ ETEC trim, Cayenne Red
Reserved: 4/20
Ordered: 10/16 (Sept. order)
Delivered: 6/2 (4-22er)

VIN: 2106

cdub
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:58 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: La Crescenta, CA

Re: Tesla Model X

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:42 am

I'm really stoked about this car and it's "falcon doors"
La Crescenta, CA
Nissan LEAF™ ETEC trim, Cayenne Red
Reserved: 4/20
Ordered: 10/16 (Sept. order)
Delivered: 6/2 (4-22er)

VIN: 2106

User avatar
Nubo
Posts: 4835
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: Tesla Model X

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:14 am

mitch672 wrote:
evnow wrote:Ofcourse there are tons of things that happen in east coast that are inconvinient for us.


Yes, but you are used to getting your news 3 hours before it happens :)

I think this Model X must be related to the work they are doing with Toyota on the RAV4EV, they think if there is enough of a market for Toyota to mfr the RAV4EV again, then they should produce an SUV as well. Too bad its just a CARB play for Toyota, most likely. It would also be nice if they where actually PRODUCING the Model S, they seem distracted with "whats next" more so than producing their current model.
All in time, Elon.


On the other hand, this starts the flow of Reservation dollars.... :roll:

Actually I wish them all the best. The Model S will hopefully be an A**-kicker in the luxury sedan class. We ourselves could use an SUV and might consider an EV for that role in a couple of years, but not at Model S prices. I'll be tuning in to see what they have to offer.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

User avatar
evnow
Moderator
Posts: 11441
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:41 am
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Tesla Model X

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:35 am

mitch672 wrote:Yes, but you are used to getting your news 3 hours before it happens :)

Actually, we make the news that you guys get after 3 hours ;-)

I think this Model X must be related to the work they are doing with Toyota on the RAV4EV, they think if there is enough of a market for Toyota to mfr the RAV4EV again, then they should produce an SUV as well.

IIRC, they had already planned Model X before the RAV4EV announcement - probably even before the Toyota tie-up.
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to 5/25/2018
Model 3 : 5/10/2018 to ?

User avatar
evnow
Moderator
Posts: 11441
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:41 am
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Tesla Model X

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:37 am

adric22 wrote:Yuck.. an SUV. I was hoping for a small sportscar that could seat at least 4. IE, something that would compete with the Leaf in range and price, but be faster and sportier.

That would be the "Model R" - the next gen Roadster. It would be built on the compact EV platform Tesla plans to make in 2015 or so.
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to 5/25/2018
Model 3 : 5/10/2018 to ?

Rusty
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Tesla Model X

Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:14 am

evnow wrote:
nogajim wrote:
evnow wrote:You can see the unvieling online today - 8:00 PM PST.
After my bedtime on the East Coast was not what I thought they meant by "today" :roll: .
I think they are holding it late so that people who are attending can fly in from east coast.

Do they have a hosted cocktails before the unveiling? Maybe they're giving time for the beer-goggles to set in... ;)

Christopher
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 4:51 pm
Delivery Date: 04 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1407
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Contact: Website

Re: Tesla Model X

Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:41 pm

For what it's worth, they've been calling it a crossover rather than a full SUV... we'll see.

I'm certainly looking forward to it — might be the one for me with all wheel drive, lots of cargo space, a couple hundred miles of range (hopefully), sporty looks/handling — and replace my Leaf and my RAV4. I'd definitely prefer a smaller platform though, more like my RAV4 but with the better range than what Toyota is going to deliver.

Christopher
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 4:51 pm
Delivery Date: 04 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1407
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Contact: Website

Re: Tesla Model X

Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:44 pm

evnow wrote:
KeiJidosha wrote:Invite only?

Probably - but unlike the hush-hush meeting with investors, this will be a press event.

Apparently (as discussed in the Tesla forum), Signature reservation holders were invited. But as someone has already pointed out, it will be webcast live. I wonder if they'll have enough capacity though.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”