JeffN
Delivery Date: 20 May 2011

Re: Tesla Supercharger Network

Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:12 pm

sparky wrote:Speaking of magical thinking:
https://cleantechnica.com/2016/12/15/usa-gets-1st-non-tesla-high-power-ev-charging-station-evgo/
"LOS ANGELES – Dec. 15, 2016 – EVgo, operator of the nation’s largest network of public electric vehicle (EV) fast charging stations, today announced it has broken ground on the very first High-Power U.S. public charging station in Baker, California, home of the World’s Tallest Thermometer. EVgo is turning up the heat on EV charging with a station capable of charging at a rate of up to 350kW....
...EVgo expects the project to be completed by June 2017.
"

Nope. Maybe Feb 2018?
Not exactly news to people who bought a Bolt in 2017, thinking they might be able to actually drive it to Vegas before the New Year.

Throwing rocks is easy. Delivering useful stuff is hard. I hope EVgo gets this going soon. The EV community would benefit greatly if the other charge network operators missed goals the way Tesla does.

I’ve driven a Bolt EV to Vegas. The trick is to fully charge in Victorville and keep your speed down. I drove in mild summer weather and stayed down around 60 mph and had enough range to make it to Vegas itself with no problem. At faster speeds or in winter with heater usage you might need to plan on stopping for a charge in Primm, Nevada.

In any case, EVgo’s new chargers in Baker will make it easier to do. EVgo now says Baker will be up and running during the first quarter of 2018.

Also, here’s a map of Electrify America’s planned highway charging network:

http://www.hybridcars.com/new-year-brin ... -highways/

GetOffYourGas
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012

Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:21 pm

JeffN wrote:
sparky wrote:Speaking of magical thinking:
https://cleantechnica.com/2016/12/15/usa-gets-1st-non-tesla-high-power-ev-charging-station-evgo/
"LOS ANGELES – Dec. 15, 2016 – EVgo, operator of the nation’s largest network of public electric vehicle (EV) fast charging stations, today announced it has broken ground on the very first High-Power U.S. public charging station in Baker, California, home of the World’s Tallest Thermometer. EVgo is turning up the heat on EV charging with a station capable of charging at a rate of up to 350kW....
...EVgo expects the project to be completed by June 2017.
"

Nope. Maybe Feb 2018?
Not exactly news to people who bought a Bolt in 2017, thinking they might be able to actually drive it to Vegas before the New Year.

Throwing rocks is easy. Delivering useful stuff is hard. I hope EVgo gets this going soon. The EV community would benefit greatly if the other charge network operators missed goals the way Tesla does.

I’ve driven a Bolt EV to Vegas. The trick is to fully charge in Victorville and keep your speed down. I drove in mild summer weather and stayed down around 60 mph and had enough range to make it to Vegas itself with no problem. At faster speeds or in winter with heater usage you might need to plan on stopping for a charge in Primm, Nevada.

In any case, EVgo’s new chargers in Baker will make it easier to do. EVgo now says Baker will be up and running during the first quarter of 2018.

Also, here’s a map of Electrify America’s planned highway charging network:

http://www.hybridcars.com/new-year-brin ... -highways/

This is an awesome discussion, keep it up. But perhaps it belongs in another thread. Anyway willing to keep us posted on data on Non-Tesla (i.e. CHAdeMO / CCS) quick charging network growth?
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

hyperionmark
Delivery Date: 31 Jan 2017

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:47 am

Alex Roy just did the Cannonball Run in a Model 3 in a little over 50 hours. Curious what time you could do in a Bolt?

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”