aarond12
Delivery Date: 17 Oct 2015
Leaf Number: 311353

Re: KEY FOB CONNECT TO HEAT/AIR FUNCTION

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:37 am

To be honest, this is one of the things I missed from my i-MiEV. It came with a keychain remote that would allow you to charge and pre-heat/pre-cool the vehicle.

2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV ES (lease ended) • 2015 Nissan LEAF S • Tesla Model 3 reserved
Mods: Matte black Juke wheels, LED headlights and accessory lights, horn, CarPlay receiver

baustin
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2015
Leaf Number: 402162

Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:10 am

LeftieBiker wrote:
baustin wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:
So perhaps you shouldn't be lecturing those who have to traverse ice, snow and frigid temps to go out to the car...?

Having had to traverse ice, snow, and endure frigid temps a good part of my life makes me qualified to lecture on it.

Maybe you should brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

Maybe when you're old, and have poor circulation, including Renaud's (sp?) syndrome, you'll appreciate the difference between a frigid cabin (and steering wheel) slowly warming up, and one that's tolerable the moment you get in. You also fail to consider the distance to walk to some drivers' cars. No, you're just making a sloppy, callous argument.

Now you are being contradictory and sounding silly. You have just emphasized my original point. If you have to get close enough to the car to activate the heat using the FOB, just walk out and start it and go back inside and wait for it to warm up. There was never any argument against remote activated cabin heating. How far you have to park from your front door does not change the distance you have to be from the car for the FOB to work.

I have never claimed to be young and in good health (because I'm not), but I don't advertise my conditions on the internet to try and gain sympathy or win an argument. I no longer do well in the cold weather, which is why I moved away from it.
2013 Leaf SV - Cayenne Red - QC Port - LED Headlights

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:29 am

The Prius and Leaf fobs both work up to 40' away, depending on line of sight. That's enough to activate it from a store window if away from home, or at least in time to get it partially warm as you arrive. I would be able to use my fob from my front window, and with the worthless 2G modem in my car, that would be a huge advantage. It would be far easier for others to step a couple of feet outside and use the fob, instead of walking to the car and back. In any case, I'm done arguing this. You're just wasting my time.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

baustin
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2015
Leaf Number: 402162

Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:25 am

LeftieBiker wrote:The Prius and Leaf fobs both work up to 40' away, depending on line of sight. That's enough to activate it from a store window if away from home, or at least in time to get it partially warm as you arrive. I would be able to use my fob from my front window, and with the worthless 2G modem in my car, that would be a huge advantage. It would be far easier for others to step a couple of feet outside and use the fob, instead of walking to the car and back. In any case, I'm done arguing this. You're just wasting my time.

You're allowing your time to be wasted by arguing about a suggested feature that Nissan will never add to the FOB. Not having access to the current remote features, because you won't upgrade the TCU, is an issue you have created.
2013 Leaf SV - Cayenne Red - QC Port - LED Headlights

Return to “Suggestions for Nissan”