jlsoaz
Delivery Date: 10 Oct 2012
Leaf Number: 24218

Re: Window tinting in Arizona and other hot climates?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Indeed, and since so many of us are leasing, it is a different matter to consider getting tinting from an aftermarket provider.

If Nissan had mentioned it at the dealership I would easily have said yes (or maybe they did and I did not notice?), even with a bit more money, even if it is the standard legal tinting and not the illegal sort (I would not get illegal tinting anyway, as far as I know). Some of that is my fault (I was in a hurry to take delivery and did not think to ask as to this option).

So, while I think the point is taken that pre-installed may not be the answer since many might prefer or opt for after-market, I think a greater emphasis on a dealer option might be a very good idea, especially in light of the very high percent that are being leased (and in light of Nissan's apparent preference for leasing).

TomT wrote:They certainly could tint the rear and hatch windows standard as do many other vehicles...

Nubo wrote:Tricky to offer as OEM. The type and intensity of tint is a personal choice, and what many people want on their cars tends to be illegal. So pre-installed is not the answer.
Former lessee 2012 SL
http://www.pluginamerica.org/surveys/batteries/leaf/vehicle.php?vid=229
2017-October: bght 2013 Volt
will buy 150+ mile BEV when they become less expensive on used market
josh@jlaz.com
opinions expressed are my own

jessiemcadams
Delivery Date: 01 Oct 1980

Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:04 am

For the states with hot climate it would be a wise choice to go for a ceramic window tint for this kind of window tint reduces the heat without changing the shade of your window tint.

KillaWhat
Delivery Date: 15 Mar 2012

Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:19 am

I was "all in" on tint when I bought my Leaf as well; I had the dealer do it (excellent job btw) as part of the delivery process. In addition, I bought one of those custom-fitted window shades that I use consistently in the summer (obviously hot in Texas). Conversely, I DON'T use the shade the rest of the year; particularly in the winter, the sun warms the cabin, reducing the need for the dreaded heater when I go home in the afternoon (I pre-heat in the morning if I have to--but that's done from wall power).

+1

My First stop was the Tint shop.
Lease or purchase It was worth it.
Also got a very nice custom-fitted windshield shade that makes a BIG difference.
I too try to pre-cool while on L2.
(L3 charged yesterday, and was able to leave the AC running the whole time)
Black SL Delivered 3/14/2012
7.2Kw Charging w/Brusa
Leather Interior
Rosewood Dash
JUKE 17" Wheel Upgrade w/225-45-17 Michelin MXM4 Tires
Horn Upgrade
Infinity 63.9i Speaker Upgrade
WattsLeft Meter System
LED High Beams
Carkit NAV Override

Return to “Suggestions for Nissan”