kentuckyleaf
Delivery Date: 23 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 21857

Re: Charging timers: RAGE MODE, ACTIVATE

Tue May 21, 2013 2:11 pm

davewill wrote:
garygid wrote:Or, you can just complain about how the timers do not
work the way that you think they should.
You're a bigger man than I am. I knew the answer, too, but didn't want to deal with the rage. We all know the timers could have been done better, but they're what we've got. This is much easier if your EVSE has a timer like my Blink has. My Blink is set for 1AM to 5PM, so that if I plug in at home in the evening, it doesn't charge, but the car does charge if I plug in elsewhere. I did do this with the car's timers for a while, but it's better if you don't need to override the timers when using public charging as that overrides the 80% charging as well.

I'd say there should be an 80% limit unless I press the 100% button, or select 100% in the timers. I agree, it is simple stupid to plug in away from home and hit the button that is really near the lid release, and look at the lights to see that I'm actually charging. But you are correct, you will charge to 100% once you bypass the timer, unless you are available to unplug the car. Back to the OP, I've not had any issues with the current charging timers, as least not to the point of raging about them. The climate control timer stinks, I would like to be able to have a real end time, so I can end it before our winter peak rate at 7am. The wife leaves at 7:20, but I want the climate control to turn off at 7am.
Top Ten Ways We Save Energy At Home
Our Wordpress Blog
Video of our Leaf in action
2012 SL Cayenne Red
Currently over 14,000 miles on the ODO

davewill

Re: Charging timers: RAGE MODE, ACTIVATE

Tue May 21, 2013 2:42 pm

kentuckyleaf wrote:I'd say there should be an 80% limit unless I press the 100% button, or select 100% in the timers. I agree, it is simple stupid to plug in away from home and hit the button that is really near the lid release, and look at the lights to see that I'm actually charging. But you are correct, you will charge to 100% once you bypass the timer, unless you are available to unplug the car. Back to the OP, I've not had any issues with the current charging timers, as least not to the point of raging about them. The climate control timer stinks, I would like to be able to have a real end time, so I can end it before our winter peak rate at 7am. The wife leaves at 7:20, but I want the climate control to turn off at 7am.
The 2013 models let you choose 80% charging separate from the timers, so that's an improvement. As far as shutting off the climate control at 7AM, that's how the climate control timer DOES work. In your case, you'd set it for 7AM, and it would come on before then so that the car is ready by 7AM: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12400
2014 Rav4 EV, Blizzard Pearl White
2011 LEAF SL w/QC, Blue Ocean, returned at end of lease

Return to “Suggestions for Nissan”