Suggest to Nissan look at NissanUSA.com web page issue

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlsoaz

Hi, if I go to this link and click on the button at top labeled MPG(e), it brings up a range of highway mpg choices from 17 to 40 mpg. It also clearly indicates that the Leaf is definitely part of this because I have to unclick the checked box to remove the electric vehicle option.

http://www.nissanusa.com/buildyournissan?fromSav=true%3fnext=header.vehicles.sav.button" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is missing a golden opportunity in my view to display clearly that the Leaf gets 129/102 city/highway. Maybe displaying 102 or 129 on the initial screen messes up the sliding choices so they are awkward (with only one car offering anything above 40) but after all Nissan does offer the chance to untoggle the outlier. Or maybe it should default to not include the EV and then if curious people click to include the EV they will see in a very clear way how an EV blows away the competition on MPGE.

So, it seems at least worth asking if this page is functioning the way that Nissan has decided it wants.

jlsoaz

40 MPG is basically the top of the Nissan MPG range (excluding the Leaf) so I can see why they made the scale stop there. Right next to the "40" side of the sliding scale is the "Include Electric" checkbox. So they are letting you know there is another choice for you.

Personally, I think the notion of giving an MPGe rating to a BEV is silly. It's far more useful with a hybrid (especially a PHEV that is plugged in frequently) since with few exceptions you can't really separate the two powertrains. If buyers want to compare a BEV with a hybrid/PHEV or pure ICEV, it's better to express it in terms of cost per mile to operate.

Setting the scale out to 130 would make the rest of their cars look pathetic. I'm okay with that. :lol:

If you want to talk improvement how about listing the Vin numbers on inventory you find when you search their site and asking your dealers to show what pkgs each of the cars in their inventory has? Most dealers are *so* clueless. They are great at popping up with how can I help you but in most cases fall flat on their faces with actually describing the inventory they have - partly because they want you to call to find out, I'm sure.

Ford has the right idea. Just show the window stickers of every car so I can see the exact equipment and the MSRP instead of trying to play hide the ball.

Back