Steering wheel heater switch - Should be a rocker switch

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob

The steering wheel heater switch on my 2013 SV Leaf is a "push on/push off" switch with an indicator light in the switch body. Unfortunately, I can't see the light because the wheel blocks my view. To see the light, I have to bring my head very low, which is dangerous when driving.

I only use the heater in cold weather, and when I'm cold, my hands don't work perfectly, so I am not sure whether I pushed the switch, didn't push in the right place, or pushed it twice.

It would be safer if the switch were a rocker (like the seat warmer switch) so that I could feel whether it was on or off rather than having to take my eyes off the road.

Thank you.

Yes, move it to the far left. I have never pushed the timer bypass button while sitting in the LEAF, I'm always standing outside with the door open

Maybe these buttons can be moved by ourselves?, Has anybody ever taken apart that panel?, Are the connectors fused together or separate ?

If they are separate then you may be able to swap the buttons around and reposition them to your liking.

So now we need to know if the switches can easily be swapped. I'd definitely do that mod if the wiring allowed it, maybe with one pair of extender wires. I keep worrying that I'll be in a head-on crash because I was trying to find the #@! wheel heater button...or playing with the vent controls, trying to keep exhaust fumes out of the car and the windshield clear.

LeftieBiker said:
So now we need to know if the switches can easily be swapped. I'd definitely do that mod if the wiring allowed it, maybe with one pair of extender wires. I keep worrying that I'll be in a head-on crash because I was trying to find the #@! wheel heater button...or playing with the vent controls, trying to keep exhaust fumes out of the car and the windshield clear.

I saw a write up on how to do this on the site a few months ago, but can't locate it.

Can someone find it?

Thanks.

Back