layout of butons on touchscreen

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. The layout of buttons on touchscreen is not intuitive and almost confusing. While driving, we shouldn't be reading and finding buttons. The phone buttons menu are all same color and next to each other. Multiple times i hit the hangup instead of hold since they are very close and the car moves while driving.
2. The Cruise cancel button is not easily reachable on steering wheel.
3. Give a phone hangup button on steering wheel.
4. Charging timer setup menu is not good. have to click OK after selecting days. There should be just one save button, not OK/save for each option in timer.
5. Even if use does not assign a day, there should be an easy way to select a certain timer for that day. I use both timers depending on how much charging i need. and everytime i have to change timer, i have to change assign days, save timer and then turn it on. Too many steps for simple function.

I agree w/some of your gripes, although some of the functionality you discuss, I don't use or use much.

1) I almost never use hold and hardly use hangup.
2) It's fine to me.
3) Isn't there already one?

1: I swear it took me a whole month to find the "Charge Timers", because I was looking in "settings"
2: Just give a light tap to your brakes
3: Most cars with a factory bluetooth setup have this, so definitely agree on this one
4: Definitely not optimal, but it's not too bad. I'd be happier with more than 2 timers though.
5: This is why I'd like more than 2 timers. I currently have it setup for weekdays and weekends, as that's how PG&E's TOU schedule works, but it would be nice to be able to configure charging timers based on location as well

6: Been discussed on other threads, but the volume up/down… why is it left/right? :p

The button layout on just about all the elements of the touchscreen UI are terrible, no doubt about it. It's particularly galling to see such small buttons placed right next to each other and yet have so much of the total screen area remain unused.

Not sure if this is specific to the 2012 Leaf SL we drive, but pushing the phone button on the steering wheel will "hangup" on the current call in addition to starting the process of placing a call.

Back