blimpy
Delivery Date: 0- 0-2014

Re: I Want my (fast) DC!

Fri May 26, 2017 4:59 pm

well.. they want to make money like everybody else.
where is the money in it for them ?

here in California were you and I live.. quite a few grants , profit sharing programs, and etc available to any
business that wants to add a charging station.

the issue in the little town where I live. .is the lack of parking.. despite the fact that we are in a place that NEEDS ev charging.

the rich fuck b and b put in Tesla only charging .. mofos.

it is a HUGE country.. and it could suck up a billion dollars putting in charging stations.

At least Nissan gave me free charging.. although I have used it only 2-3 times in 7 months. for a year or two.
I forget.
2016 SV purchased 11/2/16 With Subsidies From Sonoma Clean Power, North Sonoma Air Pollution Control District, Evergreen, and State of California, and $15,000 in discounts from Jim Bone Nissan Santa Rosa California. :D Color Me GRATEFUL Long Time Coming !

thebard
Delivery Date: 04 Mar 2017

Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:32 am

Regarding the availability of CCS stations for Bolts and others: this will likely change with the VW / diesel settlement. The promotional material from Electrify America outlines their infrastructure investment as including maintenance & repair of existing charging stations, and installation of "non-proprietary electric vehicle chargers". Their executive summary does mention dual standards (chargers will "operate across different charging standards [CCS and CHAdeMO]"), but it's not clear if their commitment to CHAdeMO extends beyond upkeep of existing stations, or the inclusion of dual-standard stations for new installations.

https://www.electrifyamerica.com/

I've written EA for clarification (they haven't replied), but either way it's a sure bet that any new DCQC installations they install will include CCS.

Regarding EvGo pricing: I rarely use the fee-based stations unless traveling longer distances, but EvGo offers a "Nissan Preferred" plan to new/used Nissan owners, $0 monthly / $2.95 + .15c/minute for DCQC. For the few times I use them, this is most cost-effective for me.
2013 SV --- QC / Navigation --- Brilliant Silver

edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:29 am

thebard wrote:...Regarding EvGo pricing: I rarely use the fee-based stations unless traveling longer distances, but EvGo offers a "Nissan Preferred" plan to new/used Nissan owners, $0 monthly / $2.95 + .15c/minute for DCQC...

Details/link?

An EVgo operator just told me this rate is only available to 2016 and 2017 LEAF EZ- charge recipients.

I just noticed the photos posted of another four-charger EVgo station at Emigrant gap, highway 80, that has not been reported open yet.

edatoakrun wrote:Well, only about six and a half years after my page one post:

edatoakrun wrote:
...Can Bay area LEAF owners conveniently drive to Reno/Tahoe?

Can SoCal owners recharge on the the way to Las Vegas?

You owners in other states, aren't there logical "early adopter corridors" where L3 would be useful? Are the chargers there, or even in the planning stage?...

A great virtue of EV's is the utility of being able to charge at home, whether you choose level 1 or 2 home charging.

But the greatest drawback of EV's will always be limited range, making the PUBLIC infrastructure crucial.

You can finally drive from the San Francisco Bay area to Reno/Tahoe assuming the either the Colfax/HWY 80 or Pollack Pines/HWY 50 DC stations are working and available:

https://www.plugshare.com/

...Good luck to you SoCal residents trying to drive to Las Vegas...
no condition is permanent

thebard
Delivery Date: 04 Mar 2017

Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:02 pm

edatoakrun wrote:
thebard wrote:...Regarding EvGo pricing: I rarely use the fee-based stations unless traveling longer distances, but EvGo offers a "Nissan Preferred" plan to new/used Nissan owners, $0 monthly / $2.95 + .15c/minute for DCQC...

Details/link?

An EVgo operator just told me this rate is only available to 2016 and 2017 LEAF EZ- charge recipients.

I emailed EVgo when I purchased my used '13 in March. I had heard about the NCTC program, & inquired about something for used buyers, that's what they offered. I don't know if signing up through EZ-charge made a difference.

edatoakrun wrote:I just noticed the photos posted of another four-charger EVgo station at Emigrant gap, highway 80, that has not been reported open yet.

At a Shell station no less. I'd heard they were installing in the UK, was not aware they had plans in the US.
2013 SV --- QC / Navigation --- Brilliant Silver

Return to “Suggestions for Nissan”