Do you want to test drive a Versa?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tps

I was asked this question 4 times at the Drive Electric event in Philly. Each time I answered "No, I came to drive the LEAF." I was able to drive the LEAF twice Saturday, the first time in a Blue SL and the second in a Black SL, which is the model I will order. They seemed somewhat surprised that I had already reserved last year.

Why do you think Nissan is pushing the Versa at the Drive Electric event? If I was thinking about a Versa, I'm sure my Nissan dealer would be more than happy not only to let me test drive a Versa anytime, but I'm sure they'd sell me one on the spot.

It seemed to me that Nissan was missing a big opportunity by not allowing those who drove the LEAF to reserve one as soon as they stepped out of the car. It gave the feeling that the LEAF was a concept car not yet in production (you can't order one yet, you can't even place a reservation to order). Even if they aren't taking reservations from an area on the Internet, it seems to me they should take them at the Drive Electric event; this would be an added incentive to go there.

Maybe the fact that they can't even take LEAF reservations has something to do with why they're pushing the Versa, a car which they will sell more or less immediately.

Back