1-ipod cradle and 2-Retractable Purse hook on passenger door

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IceRaven

1- An optional built-in iphone/ipod cradle (at a reasonable non gauging price) thats seamlessly fits in the area near the mouse-like-drive-selector would be great and better then the devices moving around while hooked to a mess of audio cables and power adaptors. Many people now use their ipod/iphone as their primary source of music content in their car instead of carrying around CDs.(and the mp3 player instead of piles of CDs trend will only increase in upcomming years so its a good idea to integrate it as much as possible in the cars ergonomic design)

2- The PT cruiser apparently has/had a hook on the passenger door that could be used to hang a typical women's purse on, and from what I hear its a feature that was appreciated by some ladies. I figure a discreet and very simple retractable hook would be interesting.

What if you don't want an iPod or iPhone? What if you prefer a Zune and an Android?

Since they can't satisfy all (or even most) of their customers with a "one-size-fits-all" solution, let's leave this niche to the aftermarket people.

The purse hook is an interesting idea. Purses are amazingly unsatitary due to the time they spend on floors. :shock:

^ so, the question is: will the Leaf's iPod dock be compatible with any other mp3 players? Or would I have to use the aux jack when connecting my non-Apple player?

johnr said:
^ so, the question is: will the Leaf's iPod dock be compatible with any other mp3 players? Or would I have to use the aux jack when connecting my non-Apple player?

I would prefer a plug that offers a digital in like on some of the aftermarket kits as it allows a MUCH higher sound quality and metadata on the dash display, adaptors for various units. Not to mention the portable player can be placed in a hidden spot like the clove box, etc.

EVDRIVER said:
I would prefer a plug that offers a digital in like on some of the aftermarket kits as it allows a MUCH higher sound quality and metadata on the dash display, adaptors for various units. Not to mention the portable player can be placed in a hidden spot like the clove box, etc.

My favorite crib is that mp3 player manufacturers have not standardized on an interface. I bet Apple is absolutely not interested in such a standard ...

The most advanced Nissan technology currently uses a USB port with MP3 unit (whatever it might be) controlled via vehicle audio system. I would be extremely surprised if the LEAF did not have a USB port.

We've already confirmed the existence and location of the Leaf's USB port. Check the vehicle test drive thread.

Back