DanCar
Delivery Date: 10 Mar 2013

Re: Autonomous Vehicles, LEAF and others...

Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:01 am

GRA wrote:I'd say that's pretty much still dem/val. I'm talking about the point when the public can buy cars with L4 capability.
Waymo says the public will be able to do this with their ride sharing service next year, in Chandler, Az. Might be 2025 before it is cheap, ride share or car purchase, and available across much of the U.S.

edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:35 pm

Too bad PRO-PILOT assist is not yet available fro the comparisons below:

We compared 3 self-driving systems in cars — and the winner is clear

We've tried Tesla Autopilot, Cadillac Super Cruise, and Mercedes Drive Pilot.

Each has its own pros and cons....

And the winner is ... Cadillac Super Cruise!

I stand by my verdict from my original Autopilot-Super Cruise head-to-head.

Super Cruise does one thing quite well. Outside that one thing — hands-free highway driving — I had zero confidence in it, but then again, Cadillac didn't design it to promote any confidence at all off the highway.

I've added another layering of thinking to my views on these autonomous technologies. My question is, "Would I pay for it?"

I can get Super Cruise for under $100,000 and trust it to handle some major highways, so I would seriously considering parting with the cash. With Autopilot, given that the hardware on new vehicles is already in place, I might wait until Tesla improves the system before ponying up the dough.

And with Drive Pilot, although it's the underachiever that overachieves, it's not so much better than good old cruise control that I'd feel obligated to shoulder the considerable extra expense.

So it's Super Cruise for the win!

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-sel ... r-cruise-7

Listen here, for a discussion also affirming GM's superiority:

http://www.autonocast.com/blog/2017/12/ ... -and-china
no condition is permanent

EVDRIVER

Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:20 pm

What automakers will be offering OTA updates to their driving tech besides Tesla? I see it odd to compare what could be finished products on one vehicle to one that is evolving and offers constant updates and enhancements for free with the ability to upgrade to full autonomous. Will all automakers be offing this value proposition? Do they offer the ability to leverage unused and included hardware to enhance their present capabilities?

Return to “Off-Topic”