sirenbrian
Delivery Date: 05 Apr 2013
Leaf Number: 400827

Re: what other car do you drive?

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:56 am

Can I be the first, but surely not the last, person to say my other car is a Prius? Well, it is :) A blue 2011 Prius 3 with window tinting. As that's as far as I'm going in modding a car! My white Leaf S should get here to South Florida before the end of the month, my dealer says and, like the wild'n'crazy guy that I am, I'll be tinting that too! Just try 'n stop me, coppers!

Bassman

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:15 pm

Main other car is a 2000 Honda Gen 1 Insight. Other vehicles include:
2000 Ford F-150 4WD (for picking up hay -damn horses have to eat when they're not being ridden),
2010 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan,
1989 Mercedes 560 SL and
a 2001 Harney Coach Works Realta 38' Diesel Pusher Motorhome
Glenn
Ocean Blue SL w/QC,
Delivered 4/29/2011- VIN# 756
34,800 miles so far (2/20/2013) Still 12 bars @ 100% charge, but range has reduced by about 10 to 12 %
2012 Pearl White (Blizzard) Rav4 EV

RonDawg
Delivery Date: 11 Jan 2013
Leaf Number: 027089

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:16 pm

My second car: a 2006 Audi A3 2.0T. I bought her as a 3 year old CPO and it's been my ride on several long distance road trips, for which I still plan on taking her on, like next week's ski trip. She's getting a bit catankerous as the odometer climbs higher, but I can't get rid of her just yet. The Leaf was meant to keep her miles down.

As she will be turning 10 just as my Leaf lease is up, I'm not sure what I'll do then.
Blue Ocean 2012 Leaf SV, lost that 1st bar on 11/21/2015 at 26,435 miles.
Lease returned on 12/23/2015. Final LeafStat figures: 225 Gids, 17.44 kWH, SOC 91.89%, SOH 82.36%, 69.49% HX, 54.57 Ahr, battery temp 61.8 F
Now driving a 2015 VW eGolf SEL

sproqitman
Delivery Date: 18 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0196

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:28 pm

My other car is a bicycle. Actually, my car is a bicycle. The Leaf is my wife's car. And it's bicycles: five at last count. They just keep showing up in my garage.

eclecticflower
Delivery Date: 04 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 021559

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:31 pm

I don't. The LEAF is my only vehicle...thought there was a thread polling this previously (or maybe it was asking if the LEAF was your only vehicle). There are a few of us with just one car (don't need/have a backup). 8-)
2012 Cayenne Red LEAF SL: Vanity Plate - G'BYGAS
Reserved 08/10, Ordered 3/12/2012, $99 Refunded 5/16/12, Delivered 6/4/12.

jkirkebo
Delivery Date: 30 Oct 2011
Leaf Number: 007344

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:32 pm

My other car will be a Tesla Model S P85 with all options except child seats, blue with CF interior, grey leather and dark grey 21" wheels, when I finally get it. Probably around September/October (I'm EU P1,088).

Now ? VW Touran diesel... :lol:

Drivesolo
Delivery Date: 10 Oct 2011

Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:53 pm

SKY888 wrote:then there's two of us! :)

It's nice to know other people in this forum also have the "need for speed!" :)

350z are bad ass!
Once you go RWD, you'll never go back to the FWD "sports cars"

I used to go to car events every week-end, until my wife had our first baby last Dec 7, 2013.
Then things changed ASAP. I started to think on how to save money right away! lol

That's why I traded in my 2012 Honda accord. And at the Nissan dealership, there was this Nissan GTr. My wife stated "I can see you driving that car, but not the Nissan Leaf!" She knows my passion on engines........and up to now she can't believe that I drive the nissan leaf on a daily basis.

I actually told her that I was also surprised that driving the Nissan Leaf, I still get the looks from people, and get conversations from interested folks.

Your car rocks dude! :o Sub 11 second car? Do you do have sponsorship?

I totally hear ya about RWD. I've owned over a dozen vehicles over the years and all of them w/ the exception of the Leaf and a B13 Sentra autoX/track missile car have been RWD. My first car was RWD and it ruined me, even most AWD cars feel less than adequate unless it's got enough power to make the understeer an acceptable trade-off. The sensation of understeer when a car is at the limit is practically vomit inducing to me. I've always felt that biggest mistake Nissan made w/ the Leaf was not the initial poor advertising, or the over stating the range, or the lack of battery thermal management. It was not making the Leaf RWD. So much potential missed. :(

Ahhh... the almighty GT-R,... a RWD car in AWD clothing. Before the first kid that was something I was aiming for, but turned into a dream, now w/ a 2nd kid it's now an impossibility. Yeah, you can probably tell I have this affinity for Nissans. Why? Cuz over the past 2 decades they've made a lot of RWD cars. ;)
2011 SL Superblack - Delivered 10/10/2011
"As an individual, not as the boss of a company, I am very interested in motor racing." - Carlos Ghosn
"Racing improves the breed." - Soichiro Honda

SKY888
Delivery Date: 01 Jul 2013

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:22 pm

bowthom wrote:OK, I'll jump in.
I have a 66 Mustang that I've owned since high school. Paid just $875 for it in 1970. Since then it has had 300k miles on it 3 engines several seasons of drag racing.
Current Equip:
302 cu, 10.5:1 compression, ported & polished HiPerf heads, Isky cam, Edlebrock intake, 650 cfm dbl pump Holly
351W exh manifolds with 2.25 in pipe & turbo mufflers.
10.5" "Boss 302" clutch
BW "SVO" T5 trans
9" rear end 3.00:1 posi
4 puck GT disk brakes front and 11"x3" rear drum brakes
Big sway bars front and rear
Traction bars
Magnum 500 wheels

Had to tame the tuning when I got married so the wife could drive it. I installed the 3.00 gears, a lesser cam, retuned the ignition profile and carb.
It still knocks out the 1/4 in 14 seconds @ 104 mph but cruises nicely and gets 20 mpg highway. Not near that around town ;)

what's your time at the quarter mile when using a more agressive cams/tune/set-up?

SKY888

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:25 pm

jkirkebo wrote:My other car will be a Tesla Model S P85 with all options except child seats, blue with CF interior, grey leather and dark grey 21" wheels, when I finally get it. Probably around September/October (I'm EU P1,088).

Now ? VW Touran diesel... :lol:

those Teslas are niiiice!

im jealous

SKY888

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Drivesolo wrote:
SKY888 wrote:then there's two of us! :)

It's nice to know other people in this forum also have the "need for speed!" :)

350z are bad ass!
Once you go RWD, you'll never go back to the FWD "sports cars"

I used to go to car events every week-end, until my wife had our first baby last Dec 7, 2013.
Then things changed ASAP. I started to think on how to save money right away! lol

That's why I traded in my 2012 Honda accord. And at the Nissan dealership, there was this Nissan GTr. My wife stated "I can see you driving that car, but not the Nissan Leaf!" She knows my passion on engines........and up to now she can't believe that I drive the nissan leaf on a daily basis.

I actually told her that I was also surprised that driving the Nissan Leaf, I still get the looks from people, and get conversations from interested folks.

Your car rocks dude! :o Sub 11 second car? Do you do have sponsorship?

I totally hear ya about RWD. I've owned over a dozen vehicles over the years and all of them w/ the exception of the Leaf and a B13 Sentra autoX/track missile car have been RWD. My first car was RWD and it ruined me, even most AWD cars feel less than adequate unless it's got enough power to make the understeer an acceptable trade-off. The sensation of understeer when a car is at the limit is practically vomit inducing to me. I've always felt that biggest mistake Nissan made w/ the Leaf was not the initial poor advertising, or the over stating the range, or the lack of battery thermal management. It was not making the Leaf RWD. So much potential missed. :(

Ahhh... the almighty GT-R,... a RWD car in AWD clothing. Before the first kid that was something I was aiming for, but turned into a dream, now w/ a 2nd kid it's now an impossibility. Yeah, you can probably tell I have this affinity for Nissans. Why? Cuz over the past 2 decades they've made a lot of RWD cars. ;)

I was a honda/Acura tuner before, and just drag races all the time. But the FWD even if you put drag slicks/etc, is really sucky compared to AWD or RWD.

Plus when my interest also expanded to AutoX and HPDE races, I really love using my RWD.

when my Saturn Sky only had the GT3582r, it was around 400whp conservatively. It was running high 12s at the quarter mile. But I was only able to run on two seperate occassions...and I was booted out by the officials at New England Dragway since I don't have a roll cage. For a regular car, you can just wear a helmet and you'll be fine running 12s at the track. But for a convertible like the Saturn Sky, if you run faster than 13.49s, you need to have a roll-cage for safety reasons. New England dragway has strict policies......that's why I never really got the chance to better my time....since they're not allowing my car to run again until I have a roll-cage.

so with this 800whp build, I'm hoping I'll run 10s all day at the strip with a roll-cage. The car will still be street legal. It will still have AC, power steering, and all the luxuries of a regular car :)

the plan is.....due to its "compound turbo set-up".....it will be an ultimate race car, and can run at the drag strip, do autoX, and also road race....... :)

Return to “Off-Topic”