Lasareath
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 20 Apr 2013
Leaf Number: 404190

Today I drove my ICE Car, Do you still use your ICE car?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:45 pm

I had to use my ICE car today :(

Had to fill up the tank, took $32.00 of regular gas. I had to go to a client that was 140 mile round trip. My 10 year old Hyundai Elantra hatchback gave me 27.5 miles per gallon with all the windows and sunroof open and the music blaring!

Do you still use your ICE car?

I was really depressed, I wanted to drive my LEAF so bad :(

Lasareath
Are you running into a lot of EV HOLES or ICEHOLES ?

Teach new EV owners about EV Etiquette with my Windshield Notes / Notices I sell on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/evEtiquette?

RonDawg
Delivery Date: 11 Jan 2013
Leaf Number: 027089

Re: Today I drove my ICE Car, Do you still use your ICE car?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:52 pm

I try to use my Audi at least once a month. Since I got my Leaf in January, I've taken it on 3 trips that were beyond the Leaf's range.

I appreciate the Leaf's smooth power delivery and of course economical operation, but it's a bit boring to drive especially with the numb steering and eco tires.The Audi is a much more fun car, but it's not fun to drive in the city due to the peaky nature of its turbo engine, and it's much thirstier on gas and oil when driven that way.
Blue Ocean 2012 Leaf SV, lost that 1st bar on 11/21/2015 at 26,435 miles.
Lease returned on 12/23/2015. Final LeafStat figures: 225 Gids, 17.44 kWH, SOC 91.89%, SOH 82.36%, 69.49% HX, 54.57 Ahr, battery temp 61.8 F
Now driving a 2015 VW eGolf SEL

veramis
Delivery Date: 25 May 2013
Leaf Number: 409783

Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:24 am

I drive my leaf for the money saving, and I drive my ICE cars when I want to have some fun driving. There's characteristics to the leaf's steering and braking I think are unresponsive enough I feel more confident in my ICE cars. For enjoyment factor I really appreciate the quiet interior and easily predictable acceleration, but steering and braking are lacking. It bothers me every time I park or stop the leaf at a stop light, because even slightly lifting off the brakes from a stopped position and then pressing down the brakes as softly as possible makes the car jerk to a stop.

RobertC
Delivery Date: 19 May 2013

Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:31 am

Lasareath wrote:I had to use my ICE car today :(

Sadly, there is only one DC Quick Charge station in New Jersey (right before the Delaware Memorial Bridge).

There needs to be more of these stations if this country wants more electric vehicles on the road.
Imagine how many millions of people could drive electric vehicles if there were convenient DC Quick Charge stations linking Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City and Boston.

Ideally, DC Quick Charge stations should be placed at highway rest areas and large convenience stores/gas stations (e.g. the only DC Quick Charge station located in New Jersey).

Most electric vehicle owners would still charge at home and stop in for 15 or 30 minute quick charges when traveling longer distances.

Lasareath
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 20 Apr 2013
Leaf Number: 404190

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:49 am

Yes, I hear what you are saying my 10 year old Hyundai goes around bends in the road better than the Leaf.

veramis wrote:I drive my leaf for the money saving, and I drive my ICE cars when I want to have some fun driving. There's characteristics to the leaf's steering and braking I think are unresponsive enough I feel more confident in my ICE cars. For enjoyment factor I really appreciate the quiet interior and easily predictable acceleration, but steering and braking are lacking. It bothers me every time I park or stop the leaf at a stop light, because even slightly lifting off the brakes from a stopped position and then pressing down the brakes as softly as possible makes the car jerk to a stop.

Oh, I didn't know there was one at all, We have friends in Cherry Hill NJ, we might be able to take the Leaf if we stop at that Quick Charge Station! I gotta check it out if it's possible. Thanks!

RobertC wrote:

Sadly, there is only one DC Quick Charge station in New Jersey (right before the Delaware Memorial Bridge).

There needs to be more of these stations if this country wants more electric vehicles on the road.
Imagine how many millions of people could drive electric vehicles if there were convenient DC Quick Charge stations linking Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City and Boston.

Ideally, DC Quick Charge stations should be placed at highway rest areas and large convenience stores/gas stations (e.g. the only DC Quick Charge station located in New Jersey).

Most electric vehicle owners would still charge at home and stop in for 15 or 30 minute quick charges when traveling longer distances.
Are you running into a lot of EV HOLES or ICEHOLES ?

Teach new EV owners about EV Etiquette with my Windshield Notes / Notices I sell on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/evEtiquette?

apvbguy
Delivery Date: 10 Apr 2013

Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:26 am

Had to fill up the tank, took $32.00 of regular gas. I had to go to a client that was 140 mile round trip. My 10 year old Hyundai Elantra hatchback gave me 27.5 miles per gallon with all the windows and sunroof open and the music blaring!

Do you still use your ICE car?

I was really depressed, I wanted to drive my LEAF so bad :(

Lasareath

you do realize that driving with the windows open reduces the MPG that you get
WARNING This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm

apvbguy
Delivery Date: 10 Apr 2013

Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:28 am

Lasareath wrote:Yes, I hear what you are saying my 10 year old Hyundai goes around bends in the road better than the Leaf.

veramis wrote:I drive my leaf for the money saving, and I drive my ICE cars when I want to have some fun driving. There's characteristics to the leaf's steering and braking I think are unresponsive enough I feel more confident in my ICE cars. For enjoyment factor I really appreciate the quiet interior and easily predictable acceleration, but steering and braking are lacking. It bothers me every time I park or stop the leaf at a stop light, because even slightly lifting off the brakes from a stopped position and then pressing down the brakes as softly as possible makes the car jerk to a stop.

Oh, I didn't know there was one at all, We have friends in Cherry Hill NJ, we might be able to take the Leaf if we stop at that Quick Charge Station! I gotta check it out if it's possible. Thanks!

you need to be aware that the QC station you are referring to is at the foot of the deleware memorial bridge, nowhere near cherry hill
WARNING This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm

dm33
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:03 am

I'm pleasantly surprised by how well my 2013 Leaf handles. Pumping up the tires to 40psi seems to have helped the tires grinding on turns. Its easy to get spoiled by the smooth acceleration and torque from a stop. I find myself not missing either of our ICE vehicles.

I'm surprised how little we've used either of our other vehicles. We've managed to share the Leaf, but at the cost of blowing our lease mileage allotment. We're 3 weeks in and over 1000 miles. I expect our usage to drop a little as we get more accustomed to it.

TomT
Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000360

Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:36 am

Our ICE is used roughly once a week on average, either because we both need a vehicle or because a trip is out of Leaf range...

Lasareath wrote:Do you still use your ICE car?
59,991 miles/12 bars/289 Gids/68.54 AHr/101% SOH/101.64% Hx 7May15 w/ new Lizard (barely made the warranty).
71,770 miles/12 bars/256 Gids/59.04 AHr/88% SOH/87.92% Hx 3Mar16 at lease return.

Now driving a 2017 Volt Premier. Model 3 reserved.

KillaWhat
Delivery Date: 15 Mar 2012

Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:34 am

I'm about to head to the Beach.
About 70 miles at 70 MPH
I'm also about to load the Family into our 2012 Suburban, which get 11 MPG with a tailwind, downhill.
I need the Suburban occasionally to BE a suburban, but a DCQC setup in the rest area of AC expressway would change my life.
($32 to fill ? I lust after your $32. Try $100)

It's coming.
It's just coming slowly.
Black SL Delivered 3/14/2012
7.2Kw Charging w/Brusa
Leather Interior
Rosewood Dash
JUKE 17" Wheel Upgrade w/225-45-17 Michelin MXM4 Tires
Horn Upgrade
Infinity 63.9i Speaker Upgrade
WattsLeft Meter System
LED High Beams
Carkit NAV Override