My 1991 Camry may not make another year....

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tps

I was hoping to get another year from my Camry until the Leaf is available here in PA. But tonight on the way home from work, 1 block from my house at a stop sign, the car did nut produce any torque to the wheels when I tried to go the last block. The engine would rev, but it was as if the car was in neutral. No noise or strangeness before the stop... Maybe a transmission issue. I had to push it into a parking space about a half block from the house. The car was just in the shop for its annual state inspection a bit over a month ago. I'm going to check the obvious at first light tomorrow.

tps said:
I was hoping to get another year from my Camry until the Leaf is available here in PA. But tonight on the way home from work, 1 block from my house at a stop sign, the car did nut produce any torque to the wheels when I tried to go the last block. The engine would rev, but it was as if the car was in neutral. No noise or strangeness before the stop... Maybe a transmission issue. I had to push it into a parking space about a half block from the house. The car was just in the shop for its annual state inspection a bit over a month ago. I'm going to check the obvious at first light tomorrow.

Yup. Same problem here. I have a '94 Lexus that i am nursing along. If it blows out before the likely 2012 delivery of a LEAF, then i will go to Prius or the next most available EV.

Pity, but that is the way it is.

Sorry to hear about the Camry...it does sounds like a transmission issue.

Back