CES 2015

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonA

TomT said:
I was lucky enough to be here at CES for the 30 minute unveiling of the 2016 Volt Gen 2.
How is that 4k quantum-dot stuff looking?? :mrgreen:

I'm thinking about a 70" this year if they can pull off the REC and 4:2:2 levels along with decent blacks. I got put off by the Vizio R line because they said no 10-bit panels this year...

:(

Outside of the professional lines, no one has 10 bit panels this year...

JasonA said:
I'm thinking about a 70" this year if they can pull off the REC and 4:2:2 levels along with decent blacks. I got put off by the Vizio R line because they said no 10-bit panels this year...

TomT said:
Outside of the professional lines, no one has 10 bit panels this year...
LG's new IPS 4k is supposed to be 10bit i thought as well as the new Sharp and Toshiba units.. no?

AVS is all abuzz about them

It is not a full 10 bit processing path at this juncture which makes it all relatively worthless in my opinion... Then there is the consideration of finding true 10 bit authored material...

JasonA said:
LG's new IPS 4k is supposed to be 10bit i thought as well as the new Sharp and Toshiba units.. no?
AVS is all abuzz about them

JasonA said:
Completely OT - but at that size why not just go the projector route ? I've been using HD projectors from 10+ years - been very happy.

Back