Get Chrysler Fiat "Employee" Discount, Give Up Right to Sue

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoaty

"Each of Detroit's Big Three automakers offer a discount on new vehicles for employees, their families and friends.

But only one, Fiat Chrysler, requires that those using the discount give up their constitutional right to a jury trial in return for a few hundred bucks in savings.

"It's like they're doing you a favor and, by the way, they're taking away your right to sue," said Rosemary Shahan, president of the Sacramento advocacy group Consumers for Auto Reliability and Safety. "This discount is like the piece of cheese on the trap that kills the mouse."

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-lazarus-20151016-column.html

Stoaty said:
"Each of Detroit's Big Three automakers offer a discount on new vehicles for employees, their families and friends.

But only one, Fiat Chrysler, requires that those using the discount give up their constitutional right to a jury trial in return for a few hundred bucks in savings.

"It's like they're doing you a favor and, by the way, they're taking away your right to sue," said Rosemary Shahan, president of the Sacramento advocacy group Consumers for Auto Reliability and Safety. "This discount is like the piece of cheese on the trap that kills the mouse."

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-lazarus-20151016-column.html
Given FIAT's faulty design of its 500e (coolant hose leaking in power inverter resulting in loss of propulsion) this is an incredibly bad deal.

Well that is much ado about nothing!

Don't demand the discount, the whole thing is pretty simple and clear.

I've refused allot of things as I do not agree with the contract, I can live with out lot of the garbage out there but if one simply has to have it well it is there body(Credit) to whore out all they want.

I wonder if it's always been this way with Chrysler, or only after Fiat (or Daimler, or Cerberus) had bought them?

I assume that this is a "binding arbitration" clause, and they are becoming all too common these days. Look at your cell phone contracts, cable bills, etc, and you may be unpleasantly surprised..

Back