Do you call it a gas peddle...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grandizer52

So wondering what everyone calls-----the go peddle in their leaf,,,since no gas...also when it's time to charge and the gas pump icon appears, does that bother/confuse/humor owners...

AND)( go

"Go pedal" and "accelerator" are both very popular, especially with the Prius and the Toyota HSD, of which there are many millions.

2k1Toaster said:
"Go pedal" and "accelerator" are both very popular, especially with the Prius and the Toyota HSD, of which there are many millions.

"Slow pedal" is better on these and the LEAF.

I use people's reliance on calling it a "gas pedal" to show their reliance on gasoline. They take a moment to think about it and usually ask me what I call it: an "accelerator pedal".

I like using those kinds of situations to engage people about EVs. I made a purchase at a store that enabled me to have more "fuel points" (gas discounts at their gas station). I flipped that around into a fun discussion about EVs. One of the people I was chatting to said it sounded perfect for his 3 mile (one-way) commute.

Every once in a while, I'll slip up and say something like "when I step on the gas" or so...
Usually catch myself pretty quickly..

EVDRIVER said:

This is what I figure most people sitting next to me at the stoplight in their trucks in town think...
Then the light turns green. ;-)

desiv

desiv said:
Every once in a while, I'll slip up and say something like "when I step on the gas" or so...

EVDRIVER said:

This is what I figure most people sitting next to me at the stoplight in their trucks in town think...

desiv
Only counts if you get a nod that they are going for it.

smkettner said:
desiv said:

EVDRIVER said:

desiv
Only counts if you get a nod that they are going for it.

They must be a really slow truck with the parking brake on.

EVDRIVER said:
They must be a really slow truck with the parking brake on.

Not really.. ;-)
You must keep your Leaf in Eco mode all the time.. Too bad.. ;-)
I don't think of my Leaf as a muscle car.. I'm realistic. But it's disingenuous to think of it as slow off the light..
Not fastest != slow. ;-)
I find it more than respectable..

desiv

0-60 in ten seconds is faster than a golf cart. The LEAF only feels fast, it is not. Let's not pretend:)

EVDRIVER said:
0-60 in ten seconds is faster than a golf cart. The LEAF only feels fast, it is not. Let's not pretend:)
Who said anything about to 60??
I'm talking in town (which I mentioned).
That's 0-25 or 30...

It's PLENTY fast for that.. ;-)

desiv

desiv said:
EVDRIVER said:
Who said anything about to 60??
I'm talking in town (which I mentioned).
That's 0-25 or 30...

It's PLENTY fast for that.. ;-)

desiv

So are golf carts, you may get a nod from someone with an AARP card.

Back