Nissan develops an autonomous chair for people who can’t stand waiting in line

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edatoakrun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP1KGwMAAe8

YOKOHAMA, Japan – Nissan today unveiled the latest in a series of innovations designed to bring the benefits of its Intelligent Mobility blueprint to the daily lives of customers. Following the success of the Intelligent Parking Chair earlier this year, the newly developed ProPILOT Chair negotiates waiting in line on behalf of its occupant, sparing them the hassle of standing in line.

Named after the company's flagship autonomous driving technology, the ProPILOT Chair detects and automatically follows the chair ahead of it, maintaining a fixed distance and travelling along a set path. This closely resembles how the ProPILOT system for vehicles — available on the Serena minivan in Japan since August — maintains a safe distance behind the car ahead, and ensures that the vehicle stays in the center of its lane...
http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/nissan-develops-an-autonomous-chair-for-people-who-can-t-stand-waiting-in-line

Rumor has it that Tesla also has an autonomous chair in BETA, but that it occasionally crashes into other furniture, and then catches fire...

wouldn't work in the US as we like to queue jump and save seats etc (which I totally hate).

When I wife tries that stunt I remind her that WE don't do that and, I consider those who put 1 person in line and have 5-7 others turn up as the lines gets to the, whatever it is waiting for, beneath contempt. But I'm from the UK and if you have any line jumpers there they are usually dealt with by the crowd already in line, it's like solidarity of the suffering. Only little kids get to queue jump.

I suppose most of that is mute now since most people are locked in zombie states with their phones, while in line nowadays.

Back