Trump’s failing FAKE presidency

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edatoakrun

There are pages of off-topic comments on the thread below:

Trumpists begin their attack on America's EV policies.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23589&start=110

Would moderators care to move those posts to this thread?

Wapo comment below summarizes just how much trouble Trump, the trumpists/repubs, and the American people are now in:

Trump’s failing presidency has the GOP in a free fall

...Heading into last year’s election, Republicans knew that this problem — the tea party predicament, the Freedom Caucus conundrum, the Boehner bog — had to be dealt with. The GOP needed a large and capable leader who could either unite the whole party (at least temporarily) with a bold, conservative vision, or peel off some centrist Democratic support with innovative policy. They needed an above-average president.

What they got is unimaginably distant from any of these goals. They got a leader who is empty — devoid of even moderately detailed preferences and incapable of using policy details in the course of political persuasion.

Republicans got a leader who is impatient and easily distracted — by cable news on the Russian scandal or by Arnold Schwarzenegger’s TV ratings. The content and consequences of his tweets are bad enough; worse is the disordered personality traits they reveal — vindictiveness, shallowness and lack of discipline. Trump spent a total of 18 days on his health-care bill before demanding a vote. And he made no speech to the nation to advance his ideas — as every other recent president would have done.

Republicans got an administration that is incompetent. The White House policy process has been erratic and disorganized. It has failed to provide expert analysis or assistance to Congress and did little to effectively advocate the president’s policy in ways that could have united the party.

Republicans got an administration that is morally small...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trumps-failing-presidency-has-the-gop-in-a-free-fall/2017/03/30/e0882d62-1581-11e7-ada0-1489b735b3a3_story.html?utm_term=.43d3eb0ccdf0&wpisrc=nl_p1&wpmm=1

The WP is being way too polite.

The Repubs chose a pedophile on his bad days, and a walking sexual harassment on this good days.
A borderline personality disorder who cannot tell the truth,
A fascist at heart,
And I suspect, a traitor.

Kinda interesting. I scan the European new papers every day as part of a curriculum. I am multilingual so I read the news in various languages. This same article has been translated into French German and Spanish (its on cnn espanol right now). You wouldn't believe how the perception of the USA has changed in the last three months. As a North American it is quite alarming and I'm not sure what can come of it but there is a lot of European concern with what is happening on this side of the pond. I won't get into it as I am a foreigner and don't want to step too far here but if you have a good translator and dig around the European media you may be in for a surprise out there. Suffice to say the leader of the free world is now considered to be Angela Merkel. Canada is in a funny position where we have to stay connected to and distance ourselves from the USA at the same time. Interesting times we live in. Wishing our American neighbours good things and happy times in the future. Hope it works out for you. You guys are resilient. You'll figure it out.

On the plus side, Trump may end up being single-handedly responsible for the revitalization of investigative journalism and perhaps even critical thinking in this country. We've been on autopilot for too long. Fat dumb and happy. Hopefully the medicine doesn't kill the patient.

Nubo said:
On the plus side, Trump may end up being single-handedly responsible for the revitalization of investigative journalism and perhaps even critical thinking in this country. We've been on autopilot for too long. Fat dumb and happy. Hopefully the medicine doesn't kill the patient.

If language use is any indication, it isn't looking good. Not only are all the commercial journalists talking gibberish that mixes tenses, but even the ones on PBS are starting to talk like Millennials - even the old ones. When you hear a 40+ professional starting sentences with "So..." it's depressing.

Back