LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Re: Star Trek: Discovery (possible spoilers)

Wed May 08, 2019 1:32 am

cwerdna wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:I may as well use AA while I've got it.

I suggest using CBS AA for the stuff that's only on the service while you have it (e.g. Short Trek eps). The rest you can wait until later...

The Short Treks were all gone from CBSAA when I looked. I could see from the search results that others were looking for them as well. I don't know why they pulled them...
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Wed May 08, 2019 1:47 am

LeftieBiker wrote:
cwerdna wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:I may as well use AA while I've got it.

I suggest using CBS AA for the stuff that's only on the service while you have it (e.g. Short Trek eps). The rest you can wait until later...

The Short Treks were all gone from CBSAA when I looked. I could see from the search results that others were looking for them as well. I don't know why they pulled them...

You sure they got pulled? I don't have a sub now but I see them at https://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-discovery/. You may have to click Show More and slog thru the clips. Look for the 15 minute ones. Titles: "Runaway", "Calypso", "The Brightest Star", "The Escape Artist". They're listed as S2 E1 thru S2 E4.

First is the worst and relates to the finale. 2nd kinda relates to the finale. 3rd gives us more of Saru's origin story and is the best IMHO. Last one has Harry Mudd and has tips of the hat relating to him in TOS.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Wed May 08, 2019 3:24 am

My trial expired 2 days ago. I did try to find them through the show page, to no avail. One of these months...

You'll be happy to know that I'm well into Season Two of The Expanse. What do I think so far? They traded scientific accuracy and soap opera boredom (someone seriously misunderstood the term "Space Opera") in S1 for roaring, banging and crashing - and even WHOOSHing, for crying out loud - plus lots of...adventure... in S2. If they don't kill Miller shortly I'm out.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Thu May 16, 2019 12:09 am

Per the tweet at https://www.cnet.com/news/star-trek-pic ... fect-logo/, the "Picard show" will be called Star Trek: Picard. There's a single screen capture there, as well.

The tweet says
#StarTrek: Picard will stream exclusively on @CBSAllAccess in the United States, on Amazon #PrimeVideo in more than 200 countries and territories and in Canada on Bell Media’s @SpaceChannel and OTT service @CraveCanada. @StarTrekCBS @primevideouk http://bit.ly/STPicardTitle
2:30 PM - May 15, 2019

LeftieBiker wrote: You'll be happy to know that I'm well into Season Two of The Expanse. What do I think so far? They traded scientific accuracy and soap opera boredom (someone seriously misunderstood the term "Space Opera") in S1 for roaring, banging and crashing - and even WHOOSHing, for crying out loud - plus lots of...adventure... in S2. If they don't kill Miller shortly I'm out.

I don't want to say too much about Miller. Hope you make it to S3:E5 "Triple Point". There's one part of that ep that I've watched multiple times.

In some eps, Bobbie Draper really kicks butt.

Totally OT: On a totally different genre, I started watching The Handmaid's Tale a few months ago since I'd heard so much about it. I may as well take advantage of my promo 99 cent/month sub (for 12 months) to Hulu that I think was a Black Friday deal. Hulu's ads are real annoying. Anyway. I finished S2 (latest season) last night. Boy.... what a scary dystopia. Ann Dowd as Aunt Lydia is the perfect actress for the role. Wow! S3 is coming out June 5th.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Off-Topic”