wireless parking sensor vs rear camera

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brickleback

Soon I'll be driving my own car. It will be an old model, as I'm i'm in tight budget.

I'd like it to have a rear camera or parking sensor. Do you have any recommendations? I saw a lot of options when it come to rear cameras and dash cams, but not a lot of radar parking sensors. Maybe something like this, https://fensens.com/products/fensens-smart-wireless-parking-sensor but it's a bit pricey for me.

Maybe I can buy a second hand from ebay or craigslist.

Any thoughts?

I saw a well-reviewed system on amazon for $30. It uses ultrasound I think, rather than radar, but works and has a simple graphic-like display that shows distance in bars. This one has four sensors, I think, or at least two, so you can get help with objects in front of the car as well.

I have been using a system that I purchased from Home Depot. It has two parts connected by a coil cord. You mount the display up where you can see it and the ultrasonic unit lower so it can hit the license plate.

It works well and the 4 AA batteries seem to last about a year. I do not remember the cost but I think it was around $30. I convinced a friend to purchase one also. We are both please with the performance.

Back