Questionnaire for US Leaf owners

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesqualtrics

Hi, my name is James and I’m working at an automotive research consultancy.

We are developing the next generation of electric vehicles and would love input from current EV owners. The link below leads to a 10-15 min online survey that we’d really appreciate you completing. Personal information will not be collected.

Admin please contact me if there are questions, thank you!

https://survey.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9HMIKILYFv8zKtL

James

Would you care to share any details about the company you work for, and what your aim is in conducting this survey?

jamesqualtrics said:
Hi, my name is James and I’m working at an automotive research consultancy.

Not a useful survey.

"Mileage range remaining when you feel you need to charge: (At how many miles of remaining range do you feel "Range-anxiety"?)'

Duh. Depends on a lot more than "miles remaining" on the Guess-O-Meter. I charge when the battery is less than half full, not when I feel "range-anxiety". Don't understand? Then James, you should ask here and elsewhere how to ask better questions.

"What is your average range in the winter on a full charge? (miles)"

What exactly are you asking for? How far does the car's range estimate aka "Guess Oh Meter" say the car can go?
Or how far could the car go if I was stretching the range?
Or how far could the car go comfortably, with cabin heat?
Or how far could the car go driven like a bat out of hell?

jamesqualtrics said:
We are developing the next generation of electric vehicles and would love input from current EV owners.

Then you need to learn enough to ask useful questions.

jamesqualtrics said:
The link below leads to a 10-15 min online survey that we’d really appreciate you completing. Personal information will not be collected.

Then why did you ask for my name? That's personal information you didn't get.

I suggest that others not answer the survey until James learns how to ask useful questions.

Another idiotic question.

"What is the time stting for your preconditioning feature? Please select one."

None of the answers apply, as it depends on if the car is plugged in or not. At home, the car is often plugged in, and a longer preconditioning time is available.

Yet another idiotic question.

"Have you ever felt that charging progress slowed because of preconditioning feature usage?"

Charging is either slow, and usually done far before turning on preconditioning, or is DC quick charge, and the couple of kW that the climate control draws is a tiny fraction of the 50kW that the DC quick charger can put out.

So usually, no. BUT, if using the L1 cable at a campground, the climate draws more than the 120V 1400W cable can supply... So YES.

SOMETIMES isn't one of the answers I can choose.

Another badly written question.

I usually use both feet and defog. That's a choice my Leaf gives me. Your survey doesn't include that choice.

Another badly written question.

Please explain your typical climate control system settings in the Summer:

Two different cases apply. 1) I'm not using AC, as the outside temperature is below about 70. This is often the case, especially in the morning.
2) I'm using AC.

In the first case, I use outside air. In the second, I use recirculate. How do I answer that?

Oh, and the gift that just keeps giving.

"Would you change the way you use air conditioning depending on the amount of charge you have left?"

Err, almost never.

"How much would you be willing to compromise 'comfort' (in terms of cabin temperature) to achieve higher driving range?
Please select one."

Well, that might depend on where I'm going, and with whom in the car. Answer varies from NONE to quite a bit. Usually is NONE.

Thanks, WetEV for TOFTT!

I wonder if https://www.facebook.com/groups/437741293059829/permalink/1033032466864039/ is the same/similar survey. His first over over there says
Hi, my name is Eric and I’m working at an automotive research consultancy.

We are developing the next generation of electric vehicles and would love input from current EV owners in the US. The link below leads to a 10-15 min online survey that we’d really appreciate you completing. Personal information will not be collected.

(The Survey is only targeting a certain regions in the US, so if you are able to complete the survey, I apologize in advance for taking your time.)

Admin please contact me if this is against the rules, thank you!

Back