edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Stupid ICEV Tricks

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:12 am

Is it OK to make fun of the less fortunate?

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/03/im ... other.html

Disclaimer:

Do not try this, with your ICEV, if you have to drive one.

Fortunately, no persons were harmed, in the filming of this video.
no condition is permanent

EricBayArea
Delivery Date: 08 Oct 2011

Re: Stupid ICEV Tricks

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:27 am

No comment on what happened, but what I will comment on is the lead-in narrative:

A gas crash! Igniting into one explosive scene! After a race to the pump ends up fueling danger!

How many pun words about a gas explosion can be fit into the lead-in...

:lol:
Color: Cayenne Red
Plate: I PLGIN

trentr
Delivery Date: 16 Apr 2011

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:30 am

Phew, good thing she was not driving a Volt! :shock:
2011 Blue SL+QC
30,000 miles and counting..

edatoakrun

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:29 am

I suppose you could do something this dumb with a rear-drive BEV with the traction control turned off.

But without the sputtering ICE sound effects, it wouldn't seem quite so stupid, IMO...

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/09/ha ... udent.html

edatoakrun

Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:03 am

If this had been a BEV recall, the headline would probably have been written as:

Electric cars recalled for ripping ears off of passengers

Hyundai recalls nearly 200k Elantras following severed ear investigation

Affected by the recall are 186,254 model year 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra vehicles, manufactured from November 12, 2010 through March 5, 2013. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, certain support brackets attached to the headliner may become dislodged during side airbag deployment. As a result, the headliner support may come in contact with the occupant during a crash, causing a laceration injury...

http://www.torquenews.com/1081/hyundai- ... estigation

palmermd
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011

Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:44 pm

This seems to be the most relevant place to post this. Stupid tricks with ICE components.

I guess this is what happens when you drink too many wine coolers in the morning (according to the description on YouTube).

Michael

Leaf since 31 March 2011
Driving electric since 1996

First Bar Loss
Second Bar Loss
Third Bar Loss

edatoakrun

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:55 am

This hasn't caught on in California (not even up here in Jefferson)...yet.

Watch the videos at the link.

Jason Mendelson was driving his Toyota Prius in the right lane of Interstate 64 near Richmond, Virginia, when a white pickup truck with two protruding smokestacks cut into the lane ahead.

After a few moments, the pickup spewed a torrent of black smoke that enveloped his small car. The pickup sped away. Mendelson didn't think much of the odd interaction until a few minutes later, when the pickup returned and again left him in a cloud of smoke.

"That's when I realized, 'Okay, this was on purpose,'" he said.

Indeed, he was the victim of a practice called "coal rolling" or "rolling coal," which if you're unfamiliar, is the equivalent of farting in someone's vehicular face.

Own a diesel pickup truck, and you can spend somewhere between several hundred to several thousand dollars on modifications that make the vehicle capable of belching towers of black smoke on command, all for the apparent pleasure of leaving fellow drivers or pedestrians choking on a cloud of soot.

Victims aren't usually chosen at random. Rather, coal rollers take particular delight in targeting drivers of green-friendly cars like the Toyota Prius, because rolling coal isn't always mere indiscriminate harassment, but a form of grassroots political protest against President Obama and perceived burdensome federal regulations.

Coal rollers take particular delight in targeting drivers of green-friendly cars like the Toyota Prius.
"I run into a lot of people that don't really like Obama at all," one coal-roller tells Slate, which detailed the practice at length. "If he's into the environment, if he's into this or that, we're not. I hear a lot of that. To get a single stack on my truck – that's my way of giving them the finger. You want clean air and a tiny carbon footprint? Well, screw you."...

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/10/roll ... ads-video/

2k1Toaster
Delivery Date: 12 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 420903

Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:01 am

edatoakrun wrote:This hasn't caught on in California (not even up here in Jefferson)...yet.

Watch the videos at the link.

Jason Mendelson was driving his Toyota Prius in the right lane of Interstate 64 near Richmond, Virginia, when a white pickup truck with two protruding smokestacks cut into the lane ahead.

After a few moments, the pickup spewed a torrent of black smoke that enveloped his small car. The pickup sped away. Mendelson didn't think much of the odd interaction until a few minutes later, when the pickup returned and again left him in a cloud of smoke.

"That's when I realized, 'Okay, this was on purpose,'" he said.

Indeed, he was the victim of a practice called "coal rolling" or "rolling coal," which if you're unfamiliar, is the equivalent of farting in someone's vehicular face.

Own a diesel pickup truck, and you can spend somewhere between several hundred to several thousand dollars on modifications that make the vehicle capable of belching towers of black smoke on command, all for the apparent pleasure of leaving fellow drivers or pedestrians choking on a cloud of soot.

Victims aren't usually chosen at random. Rather, coal rollers take particular delight in targeting drivers of green-friendly cars like the Toyota Prius, because rolling coal isn't always mere indiscriminate harassment, but a form of grassroots political protest against President Obama and perceived burdensome federal regulations.

Coal rollers take particular delight in targeting drivers of green-friendly cars like the Toyota Prius.
"I run into a lot of people that don't really like Obama at all," one coal-roller tells Slate, which detailed the practice at length. "If he's into the environment, if he's into this or that, we're not. I hear a lot of that. To get a single stack on my truck – that's my way of giving them the finger. You want clean air and a tiny carbon footprint? Well, screw you."...

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/10/roll ... ads-video/

The newly dubbed "Rolling Coal" has been going on for years around here without the catchy media name. It is just idiot rednecks in big trucks blowing smoke at people and cars. Prii are favourites because of their image. However, most of those diesel trucks are slow. When I see a smoke stack truck, I just speed by it in the Prius. You can tell when the smoke will happen because you can usually hear a change in engine idling. At that point, it is windows up, air on recirc, and I gun it from the light leaving them in their own cloud of dust and me well ahead of them looking like idiots.

It is completely legal here now after the repubs took away our clean air initiatives like emissions testing.
2013 Nissan Leaf SV with every option
2013 Prius C Package 4
2012 Lexus RX450h
2006 Prius Gen II, pIV
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid
2001 Honda Civic EX
1997 Honda Prelude SH
1981 DeLorean DMC12
and more...

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:22 pm

IF you're feeling especially brave, try doing the above and then slowing in front of them, leaving them in their own smoke cloud for an extended period. However, I wouldn't recommend it. I've seen videos of these morons sticking their own faces into the smoke stream.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

asimba2
Delivery Date: 01 Jan 2014

Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:35 pm

It's always fun to drop the softdrink you just finished into their stupid smokestack.

Return to “Off-Topic”