EV Parking Tickets

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UBUYGAS

EV Parking Tickets -

Be prepared when you get ICED by either a Gas Car or an EV. Download the FREE WindShieldNotes from http://EVparkingTickets.com - Print them, Leave some in your car so that you'll be ready to leave one under the perp's windshield wipers when they block you from charging.

EV-Parking-Tickets-ICED-Front.jpg

Electric-Vehicle-Parking-Tickets-ICED-Friendly-WindShieldNote.jpg

Well the one thing the police excell at is traffic code enforcement and getting parking ticket money by force.

Oilpan4 said:
Well the one thing the police excell at is traffic code enforcement and getting parking ticket money by force.

These are meant to teach the people ICEING the spots. They are not intended to collect money and that's why they are FREE to download and use.

I posted it in another thread, but I mentioned before that at least within the City of Los Angeles, it is NOT illegal to ICE-up a curbside charging space. That’s because unlike other LA-area cities with such charging facilities, LA decided to not post “EV charging only” signs at these spots.

Leaving such notes under the windshield wipers, if caught, might very well provoke an over-the-top if not violent response, especially if what the person did was not illegal.

LeftieBiker said:
Didn't you already start a topic on this?

The other post goes over the guidelines. This site has been specifically created to download PDFs that can be printed at home and used under wiper blades of vehicles that block EV charging stations.

This site is all about the downloads.

Like this one:

EV-Parking-Tickets-EVnovice-Front.jpg

EVNOVICE: An EV Novice is someone who just recently purchased an EV and doesn't know the ins & outs when it comes to charging in public. No one has taught them the correct way yet and we should not be harsh to them. We need to teach them first and that's what the WindShieldNotes on the EVNOVICE tab are for. How do you know someone is an EV Novice?, They have a brand new EV, They have temporary plates, or they are parking a brand new EV in a charging spot and not charging.

Honestly, at this point, I think parking in an EV spot with an ICE vehicle or with an EV and not charging should have the same penalties as parking in a handicap space. Same goes for people that decide to do two or more EvGo sessions in a row without moving their vehicle even when people are waiting.

If your vehicle needs one of these to "Fill-Up" and you don't have one of ports shown below you should not be parked here.
The big yellow notice in the first post implies that it's just fine to park in a charging spot if they have a plug-in, even when they aren't charging.

That's just not right.

This is one of those cases where human instinct trumps (so to speak) reason every time. The only way to keep EV parking spaces un-ICEd is to put them in unappealing places like the rear of the parking lot. This, of course, makes it much harder for those of us with physical disabilities, but at least we can charge...

jlv said:
If your vehicle needs one of these to "Fill-Up" and you don't have one of ports shown below you should not be parked here.
The big yellow notice in the first post implies that it's just fine to park in a charging spot if they have a plug-in, even when they aren't charging.

That's just not right.

JLV, you need to re-read it because you’re 100% wrong. It absolutely does not say it’s ok to just park.

It says that these spots are for cars with with plugs to charge up.

EV-Charging.jpg

LeftieBiker said:
Sorry, but that's an explanation, not a prohibition.

They cannot be prohibitions because they do now reflect any laws.

They are strictly suggestions and teaching cards. That's it. The person receiving them can decide if they want to become a better citizen or ignore them and continue to go against the grain of society

LeftieBiker said:
This is one of those cases where human instinct trumps (so to speak) reason every time. The only way to keep EV parking spaces un-ICEd is to put them in unappealing places like the rear of the parking lot. This, of course, makes it much harder for those of us with physical disabilities, but at least we can charge...
You are correct. EV owners would be better off if charging stations were in less/least desirable parts of parking lots. And they are not intended to be handicapped parking spots after all. Around here there are actually some handicapped EV spaces - though I'm not sure it is any improvement to be ICEd by another handicapped driver/passenger.

YES, The least desireable area will probably be far away from the building's electric, and running 400 foot run underground is impossible.

I hate getting iced, especially at my local Kohl's, where they installed a chargepoint at the first spot by the entrance door of the store... very desirable..

Otherwise, you wont get iced if you get a 20-40 foot J1772 extension cord. You can get a charge from almost anywhere. I have a 20' and it is wonderful....

YES, The least desireable area will probably be far away from the building's electric, and running 400 foot run underground is impossible.

From what I've seen, in the case of QC stations they place them near the closest power line, rather than power them from the business. This often means at the end of the parking lot farthest from the store or other business. L-2 stations seem to be more often powered from the business.

I texted a cop buddy of mine the following:

Not that I've encountered it yet, but if a gas vehicle is parked in an EV charging spot, I'm basically screwed , right?

His response:

I’m going to say yes only because I haven’t seen any parking tickets that address that issue yet.

I replied thanks and he replied that he wished he had a better response.

Then he said: Specific places might have their own tickets to write....like sometimes Walmart’s or malls will have security on staff to write their ticket or tow the vehicle.

Back