Solar storm watch

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AndyH said:
evnow said:
Cool. I just watched the idiotic 2012 the other day.

You're a better man than I. I shut it off after the first 15 minutes.

Not to frighten anyone, but Gordon Michael Scallion, a well-known futurist, and another futurist who lives in the White Mountains of AZ, made a map of what the U.S. will look like after 2012. He renamed CA as the Isles of California. And the Mississippi River widens and separates the East Coast which he shows mostly under water. In fact, on the map, all of the coastal states are submerged, including HI and AK.

leaffan said:
Not to frighten anyone, but Gordon Michael Scallion, a well-known futurist, and another futurist who lives in the White Mountains of AZ, made a map of what the U.S. will look like after 2012. He renamed CA as the Isles of California. And the Mississippi River widens and separates the East Coast which he shows mostly under water. In fact, on the map, all of the coastal states are submerged, including HI and AK.

Cool. How do I become a futurist ? :lol:

PS : There were some very interesting articles/programs around the turn of this century about what experts thought 2000 would look like in 1900 or 1950. They were mostly completely off - either extremely optimistic about certain technologies (flying cars !) or clueless about others (internet, cell phones). It is very difficult to predict accurately - esp. the future :twisted:

evnow said:
leaffan said:

Cool. How do I become a futurist ? :lol:

PS : There were some very interesting articles/programs around the turn of this century about what experts thought 2000 would look like in 1900 or 1950. They were mostly completely off - either extremely optimistic about certain technologies (flying cars !) or clueless about others (internet, cell phones). It is very difficult to predict accurately - esp. the future :twisted:

These 'people' have a gift. Gordon even keeps track of his hits and misses. It isn't rocket science how they do it. They have the ability to tap into the 'future' frequency/vibration. The past, present, and future are ALL going on at the same time, just in different vibrational frequencies. If things stay pretty much on course, they hit it. But there are things that can change it. How do you think Jeanne (sp.) Dixon predicted way ahead of time and 'saw' JFK's assassination? The same way as any of these other legit 'psychics' do it; she had the ability to tap into the future frequency. When I visited a psychic in my old home state back in the 80's, BEFORE I had my red Celica or even ANY thought about moving out here, she saw my red car in my driveway of the house in Phoenix I had built and bought that I hadn't even thought about doing (rented for 7 years). She described it to a T. That's pretty specific. Again, she just tapped into the future vibrational frequency; it's no big deal :)

indyflick said:
Predicting the future is actually very simple, getting it right is pretty damn difficult.

It isn't really 'predicting' for psychics. They can actually 'see' what is happening in different dimensions/vibrational frequencies. Lay people, based on current things happening at the time, make predictions, like evnow said in his post.

leaffan said:
It isn't really 'predicting' for psychics. They can actually 'see' what is happening in different dimensions/vibrational frequencies. Lay people, based on current things happening at the time, make predictions, like evnow said in his post.

I'm almost beginning to feel you take these guys seriously ...

evnow said:
leaffan said:

I'm almost beginning to feel you take these guys seriously ...

LOL, you're probably too young to remember when Jeanne Dixon 'saw' JFK's assassination in Dallas. ;)

leaffan said:
LOL, you're probably too young to remember when Jeanne Dixon 'saw' JFK's assassination in Dallas. ;)

Ofcourse, I wasn't born at that time. I'm also a little too sceptical to believe in such stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeane_Dixon

Dixon is best known for allegedly predicting the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. In the May 13, 1956, issue of Parade Magazine she wrote that the 1960 presidential election would be "dominated by labor and won by a Democrat" who would then go on to "e assassinated or die in office though not necessarily in his first term." She later admitted, “During the 1960 election, I saw Richard Nixon as the winner”,[11] and at the time made unequivocal predictions that JFK would fail to win the election.[12] In the 1956 pronouncement, she merely stated that a President would "be assassinated or die in office," not necessarily that one would be assassinated. Considering that three Presidents in the 20th century had died in office, her "prediction" that another might do so was not remarkable or noteworthy. By emphasizing a few correct or merely coincidental predictions, and ignoring all those which were wrong, she acquired notoriety. The ability to persuade the public in this matter is known as the Jeane Dixon effect.

evnow said:
Ofcourse, I wasn't born at that time. I'm also a little too sceptical to believe in such stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeane_Dixon

Dixon is best known for allegedly predicting the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. In the May 13, 1956, issue of Parade Magazine she wrote that the 1960 presidential election would be "dominated by labor and won by a Democrat" who would then go on to "e assassinated or die in office though not necessarily in his first term." She later admitted, “During the 1960 election, I saw Richard Nixon as the winner”,[11] and at the time made unequivocal predictions that JFK would fail to win the election.[12] In the 1956 pronouncement, she merely stated that a President would "be assassinated or die in office," not necessarily that one would be assassinated. Considering that three Presidents in the 20th century had died in office, her "prediction" that another might do so was not remarkable or noteworthy. By emphasizing a few correct or merely coincidental predictions, and ignoring all those which were wrong, she acquired notoriety. The ability to persuade the public in this matter is known as the Jeane Dixon effect.

She's been known for a LOT more than that one: Read some of these: Subject: Jean Dixon

My Aunt Martha Rountree and Jean Dixon where friends when they were both Journalists in the DC area. My Aunt Martha gave Jean Dixon her career start when she suggested that jean add a Crystal Ball to her Gypsy costume when they were on their way to a Halloween party. My Aunt's daughter Marty, was Jeans ghost writer for many years.

2 trevae golden writes:
Subject: Prognosticated Barrack Obama's presidency

I remember back in the sixties or seventies Jean Dixon foretelling an African/American's presidency. She said he was born in 1961. I believe that she fore told today's events back then. Please correct me if i am wrong....but I remember that prediction she made way back then.

Subject: Jean Dixon prediction of man born in 1961

Yes I too remember Jean Dixon talking of a man "born in the mid-east in 1961" who would come to lead the world out of war and violence and into a new messianic era. That man would have the initial "R". Well Barack Obama has a middle-eastern religious background, was born in 1961 and his nickname for the Secret Service is Renegade (an "R"). Let's hope he lives up to her prediction and leads the world out of war and into an all embracing faith in one another.

4 LuAnn Pfeifer writes:
Subject: Jeane Dixon prediction of man born in '61

I was so excited when I Googled this prediction and YOU all had remembered it too! I recall it from a book of Jeane Dixon's that my Grandmother had and I stored it back in my memory bank all these years. Which book would this have been in? I would like to re-read the prediction book.

Here's sme more: Probably the most famous psychic of our time was the ever popular Jean Dixon. On January 25, 1997, she passed away, but not before leaving a legacy that won't soon be forgotten.

Her most famous prediction, and probably the one that got psychics in general the most attention, was when she predicted that President John F. Kennedy would die in office. As it turned out, Kennedy was assassinated while in Dallas Texas. Her actual prediction was that a democratic president elected in 1960, a tall young man with blue eyes and brown hair, would die in office. According to Dixon when interviewed she said that she told reporters that the president would be assassinated but they refused to print that part.

This is from: http://ezinearticles.com/?Famous-Psychics---Jean-Dixon&id=121473

evnow said:
leaffan said:

Visit the Institute of Noetic Sciences, the Monroe Institute, and/or Google STARGATE or GRILL FLAME. Governments of the world have been using 'remote viewers' for years. It's science and it works - often very well.

Joe McMoneagle makes a great point in a FAQ for one of his books:
http://www.mceagle.com/remote-viewing/stargate/stargate-qa.shtml
Q: Does participating as a remote viewer alter your perspectives on reality?

A: Yes. Many of my perceptions of reality have altered during the twenty-four years I've been a Remote Viewer. I worked in the military RV unit the whole time it existed, eighteen and a half years. I'm also one of a few participants who moved over to the research and development side of the project where, since the project was closed down, I've continued to participate as a Research Associate with the original lab. I also started my own company, Intuitive Intelligence Applications, Inc., in 1984. When you come to know that information is directly accessible to the human mind, regardless of physical access, it completely alters your perceptions of time and space, and our relationship to it.

As a graduate of Monroe's Gateway program and amateur remote viewer, I have to agree that it alters your perceptions. We are much more than our physical bodies. ;)

I'm not meaning to sound like 'Matrix', but everything on this 3-D planet is an illusion, including time. ;) There's a really funny joke about this young kid saying his prayers at night and he asks his god some questions. It illustrates the illusion of time.

AndyH said:
It's science and it works - often very well.

Extraordinary claims i.e. things that contradict physics as we know it today need extraordinary proofs.

Let us just say I don't agree with it - and leave it at that.

evnow said:
AndyH said:
It's science and it works - often very well.

Extraordinary claims i.e. things that contradict physics as we know it today need extraordinary proofs.

Let us just say I don't agree with it - and leave it at that.

Hmmm, I would say physics is outdated. It's all about quantum physics now. ;)

leaffan said:
Hmmm, I would say physics is outdated. It's all about quantum physics now. ;)

Quantum Physics is part of Physics.

Here is something interesting to read about ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Alpha

Back