kikngas
Delivery Date: 15 Sep 2014
Leaf Number: 310377

Re: Verdict is in! Fracking on Trial in Texas

Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:07 pm

AndyH wrote: Not only is it not safe to drink at least 20% of the water but folks shouldn't shower with it either.

...and how many of the cattle and other livestock that are drinking this water are getting to market? I doubt the effects one would expect from a lifetime (the animal's) of drinking the water are within the realm of what is normally tested.

AndyH

Re: Verdict is in! Fracking on Trial in Texas

Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:49 pm

kikngas wrote:
AndyH wrote: Not only is it not safe to drink at least 20% of the water but folks shouldn't shower with it either.

...and how many of the cattle and other livestock that are drinking this water are getting to market? I doubt the effects one would expect from a lifetime (the animal's) of drinking the water are within the realm of what is normally tested.

It appears many of the critters drinking the water die well before they get to market. That's the first problem.

I'd like to see a source that supports your suggestion that those animals that get to market are tested for consumption of fracking-related chemicals...especially since most are not listed due to trade secret rulings. Thanks in advance.
"The stupid become extinct."-Bill Mollison
2018 Outlander PHEV
2015 smart Electric Drive (lease ended Feb, 2018)
OpenEVSE Plus DIY

Return to “Environmental Issues”