paulgipe
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 20 Oct 2014
Leaf Number: 311200

Re: INVELOX: A Wind-energy solution I can fully support

Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:35 pm

You're right Reg. I didn't read the press release. I see press releases like this all the time.

As far as the so-called wind turbine, it's nothing but hype and hot air.

And yes, a real wind turbine was always an option. There are real wind turbines at sanctuaries and parks and have been for years. I've written about them.

The Nature Conservancy has been hornswaggled and someone should lose their job over this.

Paul
2015 Nissan S with QC, Brilliant Silver, leased
2013 Chevy Volt Premium, bought used 10/3/16
L2; ClipperCreek HCS-40; EVSEUpgrade; Jesla

paulgipe
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 20 Oct 2014
Leaf Number: 311200

Re: INVELOX: A Wind-energy solution I can fully support

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:48 am

The following is an excerpt from an article I've posted on this topic.

"I’ve avoided comment on SheerWind and its Invelox device previously—I can’t really call it a wind turbine—because I’ve debunked similar claims for other devices many times before. I only mention SheerWind in passing in my 560-page book on wind energy. I include it in a litany of ducted wind turbine flops that failed to meet Carl Sagan’s skeptic’s credo that “extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof.” In this case, SheerWind made extraordinary claims, but offered no proof that its Invelox device could do what it promised—and it still doesn’t.

I wouldn’t have bothered looking into it even now until links to news articles about a furor in Denmark were thrown over my digital transom. Denmark? Surely, they know better? And that was why the flap was resonating in both the local and engineering press. Danes were asking how this could happen in the land where modern wind energy was born. Now SheerWind’s design was more than a “industry-changing” or “revolutionary” invention as such hucksters are won’t to call them. It was an international scandal involving so-called “American” technology. "

In short, the thing doesn't work.

You can read the rest on my web site at SheerWind-Invelox--Is the End Nigh for Another Ducted Turbine?
2015 Nissan S with QC, Brilliant Silver, leased
2013 Chevy Volt Premium, bought used 10/3/16
L2; ClipperCreek HCS-40; EVSEUpgrade; Jesla

Return to “Environmental Issues”