Becky50
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 02 Aug 2012
Leaf Number: 019032

Re: Can these mock meat entrepreneurs fool you with a plant-based burger?

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:09 am

Thanks for the Gott's suggestion in Palo Alto. Some friends and I will be making a stop there this next week to try the Impossible Burgers.

ENIAC
Delivery Date: 13 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 224

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:45 am

Some believe that crickets will become our primary source of protein in the future. All the sudden plant-based burgers don't sound too bad do they!
https://futurism.com/future-crickets-primary-source-protein/
Myths And Facts About Electric Cars

"The ice doesn't care"
-- WetEV

OrientExpress
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 10 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2331

Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:04 am

ENIAC wrote:Some believe that crickets will become our primary source of protein in the future. All the sudden plant-based burgers don't sound too bad do they!

If you have ever had the opportunity to visit the state of Oaxaca in Mexico, you know how good "chipolinas" or crickets are. They are an everyday staple down there, and when cooked in chili sauce they are really great tasting, and crunchy too!
2014 LEAF SV
Ocean Blue
Delivery May 23 2014
46,000+ miles - all 12 bars - Same range as new - No warranty issues ever!

EVDRIVER

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:15 am

OrientExpress wrote:
ENIAC wrote:Some believe that crickets will become our primary source of protein in the future. All the sudden plant-based burgers don't sound too bad do they!

If you have ever had the opportunity to visit the state of Oaxaca in Mexico, you know how good "chipolinas" or crickets are. They are an everyday staple down there, and when cooked in chili sauce they are really great tasting, and crunchy too!

I've had them there, it was the night I felt pretty sick and hallucinated.

ENIAC
Delivery Date: 13 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 224

Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:29 am

EVDRIVER wrote:
OrientExpress wrote:

I've had them there, it was the night I felt pretty sick and hallucinated.

Next time ask them to hold the mushrooms and mescaline.
Myths And Facts About Electric Cars

"The ice doesn't care"
-- WetEV

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:46 pm

It's definitely not a soy aftertaste as I've had tofu which doesn't have the same aftertaste.

Soy has multiple components. Tamari (soy sauce) has the aftertaste I mean, despite not having any artificial additives. Tofu is made from soy milk, which is just one component of soy. You can make your own burgers from very firm tofu, bread crumbs, seasonings, and lightly sauteed onions. Those may also be what you seek, as you can flavor them according to your own taste. My Mom also came up with a very similar recipe for tofu "meat" balls in the Eighties that I adapted a bit and put on the Web years ago. Just search for "Sandy's Italian Tofu Balls."
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

Return to “Environmental Issues”