GRA

Elon Musk's Boring Company will prioritize pedestrians over cars It's a vision of mass transit for the future

Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:10 pm

Via ABG: https://www.autoblog.com/2018/03/10/elon-musk-boring-company-vision-future/

While we ponder the state of hyperloop tunnel transportation, Elon Musk just updated the plan for The Boring Company. The tech exec tweeted out a new concept video that focuses on a shuttle instead of cars. The shuttle (seen briefly in the first Boring Company video) is intended to carry people and bikes, and Musk said that Boring Company's loop network would have "1000's of small stations the size of a single parking space."

@elonmusk

Will still transport cars, but only after all personalized mass transit needs are met. It’s a matter of courtesy & fairness. If someone can’t afford a car, they should go first.

An excellent idea.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

IssacZachary
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 15 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 420789

Re: Elon Musk's Boring Company will prioritize pedestrians over cars It's a vision of mass transit for the future

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:29 am

Finally someone is putting the horse before the cart.

We need to move about and that's why God gave us feet! Why treat people that actually use their feet poorly?

Speaking of which, maybe I should make a pedal powered range extender for my Leaf.
2013 SL SOLD :cry:
2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid CURRENT

powersurge
Delivery Date: 06 Dec 2014

Re: Elon Musk's Boring Company will prioritize pedestrians over cars It's a vision of mass transit for the future

Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:25 am

Is "Boring" the description of his company of the actual name?

All I can see is that Musk is putting a bait and switch on the public. He made a big name for himself with the miniscule production of the Tesla cars.

Then he has quickly branched out into putting cars into space, pushing the idea of electric tractor trailers, and now self-driving busses. I think all of this is a scam because no company has that much money to initiate, research, and dominate all those new product markets!!!

AndyH

Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:43 am

powersurge wrote:Is "Boring" the description of his company of the actual name?

All I can see is that Musk is putting a bait and switch on the public. He made a big name for himself with the miniscule production of the Tesla cars.

Then he has quickly branched out into putting cars into space, pushing the idea of electric tractor trailers, and now self-driving busses. I think all of this is a scam because no company has that much money to initiate, research, and dominate all those new product markets!!!

Yes, it's called the boring company because it's devoted to boring tunnels. https://www.boringcompany.com/

You might want to think about the meaning of 'bait and switch'. The companies he's started aren't selling the 'idea' of electric trucks - they're selling actual trucks...and cars...and batteries...and sol@r panels... While also completely disrupting space launch economics and making most existing launch programs obsolete. And that was after co-founding PayPal.

Musk has stated that he intends to die on Mars. Readers that are paying attention to the overall plan will recognize that all of his projects, while providing great benefit to Earthlings, are primary components of his Mars colony plan. Initial launches will ferry self-driving electric vehicles that will set up a solar-powered fuel and oxygen generating station, while other autonomous vehicles will site the first tunnel location and move materials into position so that the area's ready for the first human landing.
https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?board=72.0

"The stupid become extinct."-Bill Mollison
2018 Outlander PHEV
2015 smart Electric Drive (lease ended Feb, 2018)
OpenEVSE Plus DIY

Return to “Environmental Issues”