Breaking ground...finally

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbievh

I think it's great that Nissan is going ahead with putting their efforts into an all electric car like the Leaf. People have been concerned for years about the dwindling supply of oil (and therefore the skyrocketing prices), but no one has seemed willing to do the leg work to make an alternative work. So many people boo-hoo electric cars b/c of the inconvenience of limited driving range...but if we actually had a higher percentage of people using electric cars, then why wouldn't people tap into the opportunity to make some $ by putting in some 220 volt lines in their parking lots and charge by the hour for a charge. Charging up wouldn't be an inconvenience...and with it sitting 4 people and actually cruising at highway speed, I could see it being a car I would actually drive.

it's the same with everything - if the opportunity for profit is substantial enough, then companies will take the risk on installing the 220volts and charging for parking...hey, maybe they'll even take the McDonald's approach. I heard somewhere they provide free parking and charging for electric vehicles.

Found the link:
http://www.mcnorthcarolina.com/7501/

They are calling themselves the first 'green' McDonalds, and they have preferred parkign for hybrid and electric vehicles, as well as free chargning. It's not too big of a risk now a days with such a small percentage of cars being electric.

Back